Is this viper owner a member?

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently have been vinyl wrapping my viper and have ran into an issue. The front end is a complete nightmare where the cross hair grill is. It looks like/ I read that this is a vinyl wrapped viper. Does anyone know the car/ the owner? Id like to get some detail pics of where the cuts are. Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man, hopefully he can give me some insight on this project. I thought I read somewhere that it was his but I remember seeing pics of his car and its black. Guess he got sick of the white.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black again?
Wow, what does something like that cost?
Surely better than invisible bra.

I am wrapping mine with the 3m 1080 vinyl. The vinyl is fairly reasonable. I got a 40ft x 5 ft wide roll for $440 and a 5ft x 5 ft piece for about $80, just because I wanted to try it out before wasting a ton of money if it wasn't possible for me to do it. I have about one side of my car done. It is extremely time consuming and quite frustrating if you do a good job on door jams, tuck it under weather stripping, working out slight wrinkles, imperfections, etc. But this is my first attempt at it and it is a couple grand from what i hear to have it wrapped professionally.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 3m clear bra and did it myself, such a pain in the ass. I had to cut it in a few spots that bubbles and wrinkled. The hardest part for the clear bra was the front of the hood and the fog lights. I am going to pull it off when I get home.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vinyl wrapping and paint protection film are two totally different things. Vinyl wrap is installed dry and only protects your paint from very small particles such as sand (but wont stop rocks). Paint protection film is applied wet and is incredibly durable... it was designed to stop rocks from penetrating the film. Both should only be aplied by professionals.... unless you want a crappy looking job. But I find most Viper owners care about their cars more than that. Full wrapping a car in vinyl can run anywhere from $3500 and up... more so in the $5,000 range for larger vehicles. Paint protection film will cost about the same. One more thing to note is if you like the color of your car and want the matte/satin finish there is a satin finish paint protection film otu that gives your paint a satin finish, is incredibly durable, and much easier to maintain than vinyl.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can take some close up photos of the front if that would help...?

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vinyl wrapping and paint protection film are two totally different things. Vinyl wrap is installed dry and only protects your paint from very small particles such as sand (but wont stop rocks). Paint protection film is applied wet and is incredibly durable... it was designed to stop rocks from penetrating the film. Both should only be aplied by professionals.... unless you want a crappy looking job. But I find most Viper owners care about their cars more than that. Full wrapping a car in vinyl can run anywhere from $3500 and up... more so in the $5,000 range for larger vehicles. Paint protection film will cost about the same. One more thing to note is if you like the color of your car and want the matte/satin finish there is a satin finish paint protection film otu that gives your paint a satin finish, is incredibly durable, and much easier to maintain than vinyl.

Definitely true in regard that the 3m material and vinyl wrap are different. Vinyl is much more My Evo has the 3m paint protection on it that I installed. Lots of soap solution, alcohol solution and heat. I had a pre cut kit and the stuff is so thick that it is very difficult to work with (a lot of lining up/ stretching on precut kits). You cant even see mine on the car, but once again, time and patience is everything. Obviously it will protect a hell of a lot of stuff, but for the majority of viper drivers who dont run a high risk of severe road debris, I think vinyl is the way to go. Spice up your car with a new color/ finish and the stuff is VERY forgiving. It rarely creases or wrinkles and if it does for some reason, just apply some heat and it comes out. Not only that, But I much perfer dry application over wet, which some vinyls are and i think all clear protectants are. I do suggest that if you choose to do this yourself, have someone that can at least help you lay it on the car. Keeping it square, and pulled tight is key. Again, patience is a must. Im taking my time and mine looks like the car is painted until you look in the door jams, behind the gas lid, etc.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the rest of the project cujo. You're way more ambitious than me I think. :D

And treesnake, that looks awesome. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456