Airbag resistor?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped a Gen 1 wheel into my car and removed my airbag and clockspring. I will be getting the airbag light and was wondering if anyone knew the correct resistor to put into the plug that used to connect to the clockspring so I don't?

Anyone know what a Gen 2 Airbag goes for? I can't seem to find any for sale. I may just keep it unless it's worth it to sell it.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EDIT: if you have removed the clockspring also, you need to plug the clockspring into the airbag then measure that resistance. and install that, cause the clock spring does provide some resistance to the system.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all air bag connectors have shorting bars. They short the wires together when unplugged. You will have to be very careful. Use a high impedance meter or you could blow the bag.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to find you the resistance when I get into work tomorrow. Just gotta see if I can find the tool laying around the shop some where.

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
long time ago but I seem to recall I hooked up a couple of resistors to 2,2 ohm

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ordered. 3.0 and 3.3 ohm resistors today. Should be here next week, we'll see what happens

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ripped a bunch of other stuff apart on the car so I haven't messed with it. I found out one of my Penskes weren't holding nitrogen so I had to send it back. I also, took my intake off to plug the CCV ports and am redoing the breather/venting system. I did receive the resistors but they are just sitting on my table.

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I went to VIR last weekend and it's been raining tons here which hasn't allowed me to move one of the cars out of the garage to work on anything. I managed to pull the yellow plug out from under the dash and do some testing with the car running. The 3.0 ohm resistor was able to turn off the airbag light. I didn't try the 3.3. I was just holding it on the tips of the plug. I'm gonna have to make something to get it to stay there permanently.