2013 Viper will be at my local car show

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got wind of this a little while ago, but it's official...the 2013 Viper will be attending a local car in Northern Virginia called, "moparpalooza." (http://www.moparpalooza.com/#!home|mainPage). A good buddy, Paul Immo, organizes the event and has recently gotten pretty tight with Ralph Gilles, so Ralph confirmed that he would be in attendance. I talked to Paul at length about getting the 2013 Viper and it was a maybe until a few days ago. I'm happy to report that Stryker is on its way right now. This only leaves one question....how freaking cool is this company??? Bringing out all of this hardware for our little local Mopar show??

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to see that red out in the sun tomorrow...people are underestimating how "custom" that color is (think House of Kolors)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy cow. My sons sr prom is tonite and I'm duty for it thru tomorrow am, argh, I gotta figure how to get to this now. That's only an hr away, wow.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see the car in the bright sunlight. Is was a bit dirty as anything is with pollen we have right now.

BTW... it has a VIN... 1B3AZ6EZXAV100357 2010 Vert

You must be registered for see images attach

Ralph drew quite the crowd

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph was a bit hard for me to hear and the occasional Jet landing at Dulles didn't help, but I caught a few pieces of info I'd not heard before.

The production car will have a taller spoiler.

The SRT-10 will have less carbon fiber. I believe the rear deck on the SRT-10 won't be CF for starters.

Ralph does not really like the suggestions Ferrari, Fiat or anyone else had input on the car. Simply not true.

I now have more pics of the Gen V than of my own Viper! Didn't even get one today. By my count we had 25 Vipers show up today.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great turnout and good meeting you George.

As cool as the Gen V was to see, Ralph really was the star of the show. The man oozes charisma

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, Ryan, you're quick, lol, I just got home, the traffic was so bad. I have a ton of pics and video, I'll sift thru it amd post it up today sometime, after I rehydrate, it was toasty today.

The rear deck lid one the SRT is also carbon like the GTS, it's the trim piece that is between the tail lights that's carbon on the GtS and on the SRT it'll be body color. Same is true of the rear diffuser. Also he said in future plans there could be an option for exposed carbon on the hood, deck lid, etc. pretty cool.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few pics I took. Sorry I can't post them in the Va/Md section...

Ralph with my Viper...

He signed it...

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, Ryan, you're quick, lol, I just got home, the traffic was so bad. I have a ton of pics and video, I'll sift thru it amd post it up today sometime, after I rehydrate, it was toasty today.

I didn't have a choice...Ive been at work since 3!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugh bummer, that heat was tough, then to go to work, man. Thnx again for the heads up on this, it was awesome and I'd have missed it if you hadn't hit me up, brother.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I should have come to this - I would have liked him to sign my Superbee. Was the Viper driven in, or taken out the back of a trailer?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great quote about Ralph on DriveSRT's FaceBook page:

"Show me another auto exec thats out signing air intakes on a Sunday."

OP
OP
S

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a great write up about Ralph's visit. This really captures what I was trying to say in this thread....it's absolutely amazing to me that an auto exec came out to the show with no strings and no parades attached. They weren't looking to make a big publicity stunt out of it. He just showed up because he wanted to show his support and indulge in the local community.

http://dcautogeek.com/?p=2642

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ralph did more brand promotion and goodwill for Chrysler by showing up than any multi-million dollar ad campaign.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21