Featured in a magazine!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This month's Mopar Collectors Gude has a five page article on my latest build. I built this car from the ground up, it took about a year and I enjoyed every minute of it. I have built several cars over the years but this is the first to be featured in a magazine. This is my 1968 HEMI Superstock Dart.

You must be registered for see images

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Steve, I know the feeling and it's so cool to see your hard work in print for the first time.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What!? Your not subscribed to MCG!?:omg:

:D

Good call on the autograph!

Robert, I'm a cheap SOB!! My local bookstore has a nice cafe. I go in, have breakfast, pick a mag, read the articles that interest me, and put it back. I used to subscrive to several, until I realized just how much money I wasted on something I read, then threw away!!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You throw them away!!:omg:

:rolaugh:

Yes. I did the calculation as well one time. Scared me. Good thing I am only buying a t shirt and getting a magazine. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple better pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ms. congrats, nice work

and thanks for the additional pics, :2tu:

do you have more you can post (rear, inside, under the hood)

that hood has always been 1 of my favorites

:drive:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somewhere I have a picture of my Superbee with that model as well. A couple years ago, at the park where our local club has our annual picnic, there was a photography class in session, and the teacher had hired this model. When he saw our cars roll in, it was game on!!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Steve! Great job on the Dart! :)

Whoho! Welcome back First post here! I know it is a first post but Templar goes way way back. Templar was kind enough to sell me my first GTS. Great car. Great to see you posting.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve

Really went through the article in detail this morning. Wow. Beyond words.

So all projects have stories. What's some of the stories not included in the magazine? :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! Much like you I have always had a thing for the BO23/LO23/RO23 cars! Of the three, the Darts just toot my horn. :D

MMMMMM Im lovin' it! :nana: Nice even pull too. Not too much frame twist. Did you torque box the frame?

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welded in frame connectors, (these are scribed and welded to the floor pans as well) 8 point cage (installed correctly) those two things alone will stiffen an A body. Also had Superstock springs out back with pinion snubber, and slant six bars (for an A/C car) up front. 50/50 and 90/10 adjustable shocks. This car could hook and leave like that in the snow! JK.