GEN 1 Brake Switch Remove Help Needed

USMARSHALVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Well my 94 brake lights all three went out? After searching the forums I have changed the 20 amp fuse and checked the brake switch to make sure its not stuck or out of line.

My brake switch is bad I am guessing. I am trying to find out how to remove the darn thing ? I have a repair manual and it does not really show how ? :(

Any help and how to remove and where to find a replacement would be great. :usa:

Thanks

Craig

HLRossJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was the first item I replaced on my Viper - it wouldn't pass the safety inspection. I thought the previous owners used a defective switch because it was attached with a cable tie, but I now know they didn't know how to install it. The switch rotates 30 degrees counterclockwise, then pull it out of the bracket. These are fairly generic switches so are not Viper-priced. I got my replacement from a Dodge dealership and it came with connectors. The switch has a self adjusting depth. The instructions say to pull the shaft all the way out then install the switch. The shaft will click into proper position. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets