viper driver side window only rolls down half way?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason the power window on my 2006 will only go down half way, then the motor makes a clicking sound and I have to roll it backup any idea what might be causing this thanks

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like the regulater is trashed/binded due to cable n pulley malfunction or some sort like that

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so we know the regulator is a lot of money to replace but is this due to the so called "viper tax"? Is there another dodge part# off another one of their cars that will do the trick that does'nt cost$$$$ to replace?

Jman2

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a piece of **** part that dodge/SRT needs to recall.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver side regulator cost $731.00 but the passenger side cost $1050.00 from VPA I don't know why there is a price difference ?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver side regulator cost $731.00 but the passenger side cost $1050.00 from VPA I don't know why there is a price difference ?
the price is different cuz the parts are different. If I remember correctly the driver's side is controlled by a relay, but the passenger side is controlled directly by the BCM. So the pass side's got more electrics in it.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the price is different cuz the parts are different. If I remember correctly the driver's side is controlled by a relay, but the passenger side is controlled directly by the BCM. So the pass side's got more electrics in it.
Thanks for the info ALLAN much appreciated, Also there are previous threads on window regulators on quick fix if your mechanical inclined.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my driver's window on the 06. It happened right after I closed the door with the window down. It was the regulator.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on a 100k car,they should last a lifetime,especially when you dont want to get caught in the rain with a broke window and have to swim outta your car

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send Herb an E-mail. I was talking to him about this earlier and he mentioned they used van window regulators but wasn't sure which one. Same regulator but I'm sure it's cheaper for a Caravan than it would be for a Viper. If you find out let us know.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is ridiculous.... Dodge will give 1:33 owners a free set of new wheels (and let them keep the old ones)...but they won't recall a faulty window regulator....... it's BS......if I didn't enjoy the car so much I would sell it and NEVER buy another Dodge product EVER.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is ridiculous.... Dodge will give 1:33 owners a free set of new wheels (and let them keep the old ones)...but they won't recall a faulty window regulator....... it's BS......if I didn't enjoy the car so much I would sell it and NEVER buy another Dodge product EVER.

Agreed, we need to start sending emails about this until they fix this.

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My regulator went at 600 miles
888 327-4236 they will log all calls on this issue

Last edited:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are going to be replacing them under extended warranty in my Viper until August 2013.......so I need to use the heck outta my windows....funny thing is that it's been the drivers side window and not ever the passenger side?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i keep my windows tweeked down a smidge so when you open the door,the windows dont exercise

Paul Scharf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can supply a quality used one with a warranty if you want to go that way, will save you a little money! Call me on Monday and I'll fix you up,

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My regulator went at 600 miles
888 327-4236 they will log all calls on this issue
I called these guys and the guy said that they will make a complaint, the engineers will look the problem, then file a complaint with Chrysler/Dodge. Apparently this is the first step to getting the vehicle recalled. He asked if I had fixed it yet and I said no because the part was too expensive. His name was Derrick. He was a great guy to deal with.

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send Herb an E-mail. I was talking to him about this earlier and he mentioned they used van window regulators but wasn't sure which one. Same regulator but I'm sure it's cheaper for a Caravan than it would be for a Viper. If you find out let us know.
Do you have Herbs E-mail or phone number as I would like to talk to him about this? Also I will try and find out which van part could be used. Great, the exact same part but if its got Viper written on it it is 3X the cost. Hello Viper tax!!!

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called these guys and the guy said that they will make a complaint, the engineers will look the problem, then file a complaint with Chrysler/Dodge. Apparently this is the first step to getting the vehicle recalled. He asked if I had fixed it yet and I said no because the part was too expensive. His name was Derrick. He was a great guy to deal with.

It seems to me that ANYONE who has suffered with this rediculous situation should call and get logged on this issue. From what I have read over the last few years, it's not a "rare" scenario.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems to me that ANYONE who has suffered with this rediculous situation should call and get logged on this issue. From what I have read over the last few years, it's not a "rare" scenario.

Agreed, it's not if but when.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 Vette - both sides regulators out within 5 years.....2005 Benz one regulator last year out so 6 years
Viper - one week after I bought it- but it is a 97 with 20,000 miles
So it is a industry wide problem.....
There is a company that specializes only in regulators online - that is how lucrative this biz is !

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine just went. Fantastic.... :crazy2:
:(

Sorry to hear it man.

I think mine is on its way out...I had a couple instances a month or two ago where the window would not go down far enough when the door would open. The result would be a shut door with the glass on the outside of the top - bad news. Since then I've avoided that problem by making sure the door was never shut with the glass all the way up and the top up. I've got my fingers crossed since I know they're expensive timebombs...

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not just a Viper problem, its a well know Prowler issue, Liberty issue among others.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My auto down/up for door opening isn't working now on either side. I'm about to put the car up for sale before anything else goes wrong. Under 16k miles. None of my Ford's had this issue.