Won't start

HOGGG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellers,

I havn't been on the board for years. I was very active when I bought my 94 RT/10 in 94. I went to my storage area to bring the old girl home for the summer and the car wouldn't start.:( Low battery, or bad, don't know. I had a trickle charger on and it did start about a month ago. I remember one time this happened and I don't recall what I did. I know I have to reset something. Let me know so I can get on the road.

Thanks,

Hogg

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on how long you've been trickle charging it, the battery may be cashed. Trickle chargers supply juice continuously....which is OK for the short run but over time they can "overfeed" the battery. Better choice for long term storage is a Battery Tender...or other brand that regulates the juice flowing into the battery.....i.e. only when it needs it.

That said, if you replace the battery you should be OK to drive it right away. On standard PCMs (I think....I've never had one) there is a routine for teaching the car where WOT is..... turn car on but not to the start position, slowly and smoothly depress the go pedal to the floor, two times, and turn off.

Hopefully someone who knows it exactly will chime in with a link.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of questions that come to mind...age of battery?, lights work?, fuel pump turn on/run?, does it crank?, starter just click?, everything totally dead?, key fob work?...etc., etc, etc.

I will say that I have seen SOME 94's that are more difficult to start after a totally dead battery has been replaced with a new one. If you go the new battery route, be SURE to use key fob to disarm the alarm BEFORE you try to engage starter...since some 94's will go into theft mode shut down (like 92's and many 93's) after replacing the battery. If you get into that situation, call me...and be prepared for a few proof of ownership questions first !!

OR, you can haul it to Woodhouse !!! :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since some 94's will go into theft mode shut down (like 92's and many 93's) after replacing the battery. If you get into that situation, call me...and be prepared for a few proof of ownership questions first !!

Really? I never knew this! :omg:

Can you PM me info on this issue. Never heard of it and would be good to know more on in the event I ever encounter it. I would PM you but I can't seem to. Must be on your ignore list..... :D

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Since my PM is off (per signature)...suggest that you e-mail your cell to me when you get a chance.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice to speak with you, Mopar Boy !!

Remember...we MUST be sensitive to those Viper Owners with "slower colors"...as they are still Viper Brothers and Sisters !! :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha:rolaugh: Yes, true. But some of those colors are just so.....hideous!!! :D

Was a pleasure speaking with you too Steve. Thanks for the education. Specifics and Color info still in the head. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave