Any June Drives?

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ..... we are in the last month before the temp really starts to heat up; any drives planned for this month (June)?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing yet Mike but I'll hopefully see you at the golf course in a few...Can't wait to grab a few beers and discuss the VCA...I told you I was banned from this silly place!!! Kinda reminds you of Stalin, right?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ..... we are in the last month before the temp really starts to heat up; any drives planned for this month (June)?

Mike, we had another member sponsored drive out but last minute had to cancel. We are working on something now but have yet to put anything together. My attention was trying to put together a Viper picnic for VCA family on the 4th, but have since switched directions back to June.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. No ideas. Just thought a drive (doesn't have to be long) somewhere on a Saturday or Sunday might be nice, before we start incurring 100 + degree weather. Mornings in June are still nice.
Maybe something around Canyon Lake with a stop at a decent restaurant; or similar type ride, would be nice.

Maybe a Viper Pic-Nic end of June? (In celebration for the 4th of course)

The Snake has been in the dealership most of this week. Air Conditioner line was successfully installed and I again have cold air. But, the snap, crack and pop noise the suspension had when I first bought the car has reappeared. ART was the only place I was able to get it properly addressed and they made the annoying noise go away completely. Unfortunately, I cannot take it back to them, and they were never really very clear on what they did to correct the noise issue, or where for that matter, the source of the problem was.
The dealership so far cannot identify nor correct the problem. Really *****.

I should have the car back soon and for the upcoming remaining three weekends. A drive pretty much anywhere would be welcomed.

On another off-topic note: Rich, how are you banned? You seem to be able to post just fine on the forum ...... ?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. No ideas. Just thought a drive (doesn't have to be long) somewhere on a Saturday or Sunday might be nice, before we start incurring 100 + degree weather. Mornings in June are still nice.
Maybe something around Canyon Lake with a stop at a decent restaurant; or similar type ride, would be nice.

Maybe a Viper Pic-Nic end of June? (In celebration for the 4th of course)

The Snake has been in the dealership most of this week. Air Conditioner line was successfully installed and I again have cold air. But, the snap, crack and pop noise the suspension had when I first bought the car has reappeared. ART was the only place I was able to get it properly addressed and they made the annoying noise go away completely. Unfortunately, I cannot take it back to them, and they were never really very clear on what they did to correct the noise issue, or where for that matter, the source of the problem was.
The dealership so far cannot identify nor correct the problem. Really *****.

I should have the car back soon and for the upcoming remaining three weekends. A drive pretty much anywhere would be welcomed.

On another off-topic note: Rich, how are you banned? You seem to be able to post just fine on the forum ...... ?

You take it over to Paul? Hope ya figure it out, it stumped me. If I talk to any of teh old ART guys anytime soon I'll pick thier brain for you.

A drive will come, but maybe more of a late evening picnic...worked on the truck today and mowed the lawn... I don't want to put ANYONE out in this heat!

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Picnic idea.
Heat - wait till July and August. I might start doing the reverse of what the Snake guys up north do. They put their snakes to bed in the dead of winter. I might put the snake to bed in the middle of summer and sit out July and August. Course, the AC is working again, so .....

Car is at the local Dodge dealership. I took it there to have the AC line replaced. While waiting for the lice to arrive, the car started making those annoying sounds emanating from the suspension, just like when I first bought it. So I thought I'd give the dealership a crack at it. They can't identify anything. But Paul last year also was unable to address the problem, though I give him big cudos for trying. That was when I took it to ART. They returned it after only one day, and it was quiet as a church mouse. They simply said they tightened the suspension and lubed it from front to back. So that is what I instructed the local Dodge Dealership to do. I'm supposed to pick it up today, so I will know if they were able to squelch the noise or not. If not, I may have to consider making commercials on the side, for Rice Krispies.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting...the bozo that contacted me from vca said he did not appreciate my post re: vca board and how their voi and board mtg expenses are paid by us so I would be banned unless I called him on his cell phone and apologized...I told him to basically pack sand so he disconnected me for a few wks - still no ability to pm, though...oh well!

I hope to still be able to see y'all around...gosh, is there a possibility that lee is gonna ban me from owning a viper or talking to y'all...oh crap!!!

Sorry to hear about your car, mike!!! Hope it is fixed - Did you get my e-mail re: golf?

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my Snake back yesterday. Needs a wash. The rice krispie sounds are gone. The AC runs cold. Also had a rear pinion seal that was leaking, replaced.
Its ready for something .....

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my Snake back yesterday. Needs a wash. The rice krispie sounds are gone. The AC runs cold. Also had a rear pinion seal that was leaking, replaced.
Its ready for something .....

You name it- sent out a plea on Facebook as well for something. I have both my hands tied this month working 7 days a week. If you have any ideas I'll get them out to the club. If nothing comes out we will have a lunch out somewhere.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My schedule:

Saturday, June 23rd open. Saturday, June 30th morning only is free. Can do Coffee & Rides or something else that is specifically club related. Doesn't matter. But afternoon is locked out.
June may be a wash. Gonna be hot, hot, hot in July and August. May just drive the car locally during those two months, and perhaps attend Coffee & Rides. AC works fine, but car for some reason is beginning to run a little hot. Don't know why?

I need to get with someone about my operating temperature situation. Last year about this time ART changed out my thermostat, re-calibrated the cooing fan, and added waterwetter. The temp gauge in July and August ran dead center, even at very low cruising around town speeds.
I presume the thermostat and fan are working fine, so temperature increase I am seeing must be relevant a diluting of the waterwetter over time. Can the waterwetter make that much difference? Or have I got a different issue?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My schedule:

Saturday, June 23rd open. Saturday, June 30th morning only is free. Can do Coffee & Rides or something else that is specifically club related. Doesn't matter. But afternoon is locked out.
June may be a wash. Gonna be hot, hot, hot in July and August. May just drive the car locally during those two months, and perhaps attend Coffee & Rides. AC works fine, but car for some reason is beginning to run a little hot. Don't know why?

I need to get with someone about my operating temperature situation. Last year about this time ART changed out my thermostat, re-calibrated the cooing fan, and added waterwetter. The temp gauge in July and August ran dead center, even at very low cruising around town speeds.
I presume the thermostat and fan are working fine, so temperature increase I am seeing must be relevant a diluting of the waterwetter over time. Can the waterwetter make that much difference? Or have I got a different issue?

Evaporation, fill up the water level in your cooling system.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am out this weekend for work. If you want to lead a drive let me know although it is a short notice.

The 30th is Coffee and Rides, we can hit up lunch after in lieu of a drive.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evaporation, right. Duh....
Thanks.

Lunch after Coffee and Rides sounds great.

Texas 97 GTS B/W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coffe and cars this weekend looks good! Bring some eggs to cook on the pavement............
I'll be there.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coffe and cars this weekend looks good! Bring some eggs to cook on the pavement............
I'll be there.

Years ago, I used to fry eggs on the front slope of my Tank this time of year at Ft. Hood. Couldn't get the bacon quite crisp enough though.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still have the car (for now:smirk:) so will be there as long as the swim meet schedule allows it. Since mike is apparently a no-go: If any of y'all golf let me know - post here as me no allowed to pm anymore...Viperalley here I come?? :dunno:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
- post here as me no allowed to pm anymore..

Silver, why can't you PM?

Well, I just looked for your "send a PM to Silver04" option. Apparently it is MIA:dunno:

Edit: Ah, I bet I know. Hmm, sneaky:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra