Pics and Vids from VCA Tail of the Dragon 2012!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my videos re-edited and loaded onto youtube, and I thought might be better to start a new "after" thread for people to post pictures and videos in and discuss the good times had by all.

Here are the 4 videos I have up on youtube. I thought I hit "record" on a pretty good run on the Dragon on Sunday, but I must have hit the wrong button, because there is no video. :(

I edited out all of the "slow" stuff on the first 3 videos, so they are all pretty good runs.
I only edited out the really slow stuff on the Skyway video. I was leading this group and wanted to try to keep everyone together, so it's just a good, nice pace with a few quick sprints thrown in for those that wanted to push it a little more.

1. http://youtu.be/hUjEQMrThFE
Headed up to Clingmans Dome

2. http://youtu.be/C18fFUkrD4s
Leaving Clingmans Dome.

3. http://youtu.be/glbbu-p3n4c
Leaving lunch and running down 28 and then 129 towards the Skyway.

4. http://youtu.be/ZLQwuYbS7LI
Saturday afternoon on the Skyway.

Last edited:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! How far is that from VOI?

Bet you were happy to see some fresh pavement going down. Hopefully they will get to more of the bad sections.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that looks great! Nice of the guy in the pickup to pull over and let all the vipers pass in video #2. :2tu:
Scenery is beautiful.

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great videos! Even greater FUN!! The most fun I have had in the Viper since I purchased it 6 months ago! Cant wait til next year. Thanks for the vids.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! How far is that from VOI?

Not too far out of the way. If you're not trying to make the trip as short as possible, it worth the slight detour. Especially if you can hit it during the week. Not many people or cops on the Dragon. There's a LOT of good roads all around the area.

Man that looks great! Nice of the guy in the pickup to pull over and let all the vipers pass in video #2. :2tu:
Scenery is beautiful.

Pretty much every road in the area has pull-off areas, so you can get out of the way of faster traffic. Unfortunately, there are a lot of completely oblivious (and/or assholes) out there that just will not get out of the way.
I'm always very courteous when I come up behind someone UNTIL they pass a pull-off and don't let me by. The the waving of arms, revving, horn blowing, back off and then come up on their ass very quickly, etc starts. Most of the time, one of those (or a solid combination) will get them to let you by. :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Moped!;)

I had the camera mounted in the front lower, front air-dam. I LOVE the growl of the intake when I get into the throttle!

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great videos. Thanks for posting. Curious about the filming car behind you. Sounded good.

I'm actually in the car that is filming, so thanks! lol

There's generally 4 of us that run upfront together, and the silver Viper that is in front of me for 2.5 of the videos is 1 of the 4 and a local guy that really knows roads, so he almost always leads. It doesn't hurt that he knows most of the cops also. :)

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much nicer video than mine, but I would have pulled my hair out driving at that pace back in the pack. ;

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some Dragon Pics!
You must be registered for see images attach

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics we took from Chucks green ACR!
]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456