Wet floor

Dietz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a good rain last night and I went and checked my car and found both the drivers side and passenger side carpet soaking wet. Has anyone else had that happen? Is there any way of avoiding
that. The only thing I can think of is plug off the cabin air supply?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every hard rain I have the same thing happen. Funny thing is when my car was under warranty I brought up the issue to a NJ dealer and was told "we couldn't replicate the problem, it's tight as can be".

I've also had the rain where it didn't soak both footwells, but I put a lady in the passenger seat and drive off and she gets a cup of water dump on her legs.

Someday one of us will figure a solution...so far I haven't gotten the gumption to strip out the interior except my seat and sit in there during a heavy rain with a flashlight.

Regards,
Aaron

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW I've been caught in hard rains a few times and it hasn't entered the cabin. So its definitely not an all-GTS issue.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likewise. I picked up my GTS in a downpour and drove it for 3 days in nonstop rain. No issues with water inside.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water tight RT/10 owner her in the UK ....... With the roof on that is....

Not uncommon though few guys over here have had wet carpets. windscreen glass was one of them.. Not sealed top middle.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drain holes pluged with debre, unclog cowl drain holes,and also check evap drain plug

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with mine when I first got it. Poor thing had to sleep outside for a few days while I rearranged projects in the garage to make room for it. We had a hard rain and my carpets were wet also, came on the board asking for help and was told to make sure my heater/AC switches were in the off position and not on defrost or heat due to something in the engine compartment letting water inside. Can't remember what it was though for the life of me, CRS syndrome, sorry but hope this helps you out.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have gotten caught in a REALLY hard rain one time since I have owned my GTS and wash it all the time and have never gotten a drip of water in the interior. Knock wood...

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's a gen 1 it'll always do that. .... Mine's still sitting in the sun after a bad downpour last week.

Wish it wasn't true but a solid rain will soak your gen 1 floorboards. Bring towels.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Subscribed. Mine leaks in the passenger footwell when it rains. On heavy downpours [yes, I've been through a few of those], it drips slightly on the drivers side as well.

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine dumper water all over the floor after being in rain for a couple days, making room in the garage. Ended up being my heater core, so as i was replacing that i noticed how the drain system works for that pass side hood grill. I fixed both issues and the water problem is gone.
Open your hood and take off the big plastic black box thing that is supposed to spit out the water off to the side. Once you open the hood and take off the 3 screws, you will figure out your problem, whether it be the drain line on front engine side of that box, or the weather seal that seals around the hood vent. At least you will know how it works and can trouble shoot accordingly. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456