If You Had to Dump Your Viper...What Car Would You Get?

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread was inspired by Georgethedog's recent trade in of his beloved Viper for a Challenger SRT-8 { sorry if I put you on the spot..George }...It got me thinking; if I ever had to get rid of my Viper ( couldn't imagine it!! ) for something that was still exotic but more of a daily driver...What car would I buy?.....Here's my Pics:

2001 Plymoth Prowler
2012 Ferrari California ( I wish!! )

Just Curious...Which cars would you guys buy...?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For practicality, a Karma Fisker. Best looking four door ever made.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd get another Viper: ACR Vert Yellow/Black stripes. Or I'd get a Smart Car and outfit it with a V10 and surprise some Vipers on the highways. Life without a Viper is not life at all.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess a Challenger SRT-8 because I just did yesterday... :lmao: I am very honored by your thread the way!

Last edited:
F

FrgMstr

No Gen V for me.....gonna go real old school next time.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm....the only other car I really considered was an Aston Martin Vantage V8...much slower, but looks wicked too. I would probably sell my DD too and get a 09+ CTS-V!

I think it's also worth noting I bought at half price of new...so my budget isn't quite as large either!:lmao:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mmm... this is a though one. My current viper is my dream car. Assuming I can't buy a gen4 do the street serpent conversion, paint it the same color, put mottons on it, a nice exhaust system and some other mods. I wouldn't change it for any other car. If I have to pick another car that is not a viper that I could afford I would probably grab a 2006 Z06 in DSOM.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...It got me thinking; if I ever had to get rid of my Viper ( couldn't imagine it!! ) for something that was still exotic but more of a daily driver...What car would I buy?

Well if I had to "dump" my viper, (shivers down my spine just now) then that would mean something had gone terribly wrong in my life so I doubt I'd be getting any of the previously mentioned cars.

I'd probably be buying groceries. :dunno:

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sold my Viper and currently searching for another fun car...there is a wide range here as a cheaper car would give me other options (motorcycle, etc.) ...anyways...here is my short list...

Porsche 997 turbo
Porsche 997 GT3/RS
Gen 4 ACR
Gen 5
BMW M3 E92
Backdraft Cobra
Audi R8

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris, I thought the reason you sold the 08 was to get into an ACR? Didn't realize you were also considering other options.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that most of the posts above ignored this part of your hypothetical question:

" for something that was still exotic but more of a daily driver...What car would I buy?"

Also, let's assume that the "dumping" is for medical reasons instead of economics. e.g arthritis, bad back, etc.
In that scenario, I would want a four door vehicle with power, handling, good passenger access and space, some decent trunk space and an adjustable suspension. The cars that come to mind are; BMW M5, Mercedes E Class AMG version, SRT 8 Chrysler 300, Cadillac CTS-V sedan, and the Hyundai Genesis R spec sedan. There are some far more expensive cars but I do not view them as "daily drivers". I am not including SUVs. If I did, I would say the Jeep SRT8 is a good value and a good choice.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For practicality, a Karma Fisker. Best looking four door ever made.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not too practical when they are catching on fire left and right and are on something like their third recall. Pretty four doors though.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i had to dump my viper a 07 zo6 or a KR 500 shelby the silver with blue stripes!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm never selling mine, and I really couldn't decide on anything else that I would rather have than my car for the money range; especially since everything I like is not a daily driver..

I like what's NOT practical. :D

I guess, if I had to choose something that I could realistically afford would be any of these: 911 Turbo, NSX, Lotus Esprit, Supra TT, M3 Comp Package.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper