Can't keep air in my back tire.....

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a set of new I forged wheels and used tires of a member on here, the rear right tire went flat after I got the tires installed on the rims. Shop that did it has a awesome tire wheel machine, but when I took it back they checked the Tim over and inside the tire it looks like some one down the road used a pry bar to get tire of the Tim or on and made a few tips on the inside lip of tire so that's why it keeps loosing its seal, what a shame tire is like new' it's a 335/30/20 if anyone has one for sale or anything else I can try or do??

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheel repair places (like Wheel America.....there are many) can easily straighten the lip. It'll cost about $125 or so but it'll be fixed.

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No not the rim its the tire it has a tear in 2 places that seals around the rim they figured there that somone must have used a old school tire machine and pry bar set to try n get it on n off, the second time he put a little bit of bead sealer around the insdiee of the tire but he really ddnt think it would fix it!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not uncommon for Iforged wheels to loose air thru the center joint where they seal it with silicone. If ti is the bead of the rim, it can be sanded down to make smooth and seal.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not the rim its the tire it has a tear in 2 places that seals around the rim they figured there that somone must have used a old school tire machine and pry bar set to try n get it on n off, the second time he put a little bit of bead sealer around the insdiee of the tire but he really ddnt think it would fix it!!!!

Doh, it would help if I could read (still sounding words out while trying to not move my lips.....). Never mind about the wheel......

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sometimes if the bead is ripped, your done, sometimes it can be ripped and not leak, if it is the bead, you have one chance- bead sealer *****, use black rtc silicone,smear light coat around both sides of bead, and air up, it will make it or break it...period.....

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya checked it today and it was at 9.5 lbs put 30 psi in I'll check it again tonight see what it's at and no my rims are not leaking I put them together 3 piece my self and silicones them very very good it's inside of tire bead!!

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No they never damaged it there tire machine uses a wheel to puch the tire on nothing touched the inside bead

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been changing tires for about 35 years now, evan with the high tech machine, if your a idiot,you can ripp a bead

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Happy I had the same problem on my new Iforged rims ...I had 1 tire leak for months, then i took it back to the tire shop and pulled the tire off and noticed the nut on the valve stem was never tightened.
Just tightened it up and the tire is prefect now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave