One of the cheapest Viper's I've seen for sale....

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice runner and driver, very fast, clean title-but I guess it has some car fax history, but a lot of bang for the buck, car fax only matters for resellers ,so if your going to resale don't bother calling and complaining , if you want a neat fast car that will smoke most cars on the road.

Probably means it was totaled at one time or something like that.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually bought my first Viper (1995 RT/10, with 80K miles and a clear title) for $15.5K. Hard to believe, but true. It needed some minor paintwork, tires and had some other cosmetic issues with the body, but the engine ran great. Don't know what the guy was thinking when he took my offer, but glad that I was the first one there with check in hand. :smirk:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing the speeds these cars are capable of, I would want to know exactly what had happened to the car. If there was an alignment issue or bad weld somewhere on the car done by a back street garage with no photographic history of what had been done, personally I would not touch it!

I value my life and my passengers too much ;)

Carfax can give you some details and it saved me from making a very big mistake in my search for a Viper, but its not foolproof. A while ago there was a thread on a Guy rebuilding a seriously bad fire damaged Viper, now fire alters the structural integrity of the metals, there's no way I would want to ride in that car!. If I recall correctly he said he had a clean title for it

Last edited:

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can have had several accidents, but still have a clean title. As long none of them were bad enough to warrant "salvage" or "rebuilt" status on the title. I've seen cars with 3-4 accidents and a clean title. We took in a truck with three hits just last week.
:)
Caveat Emptor.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently a local guy totaled his viper. Clean title, but turned out it was the third totaling! It will be back out there soon, with a clean title.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 94 has the seatbelts on the door pillar. These are on the opposite side. ????? I do love the Gen 3 wheels on this car.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll probably sell just fine. There're a lot of folks out there who will pitch $20 large for shiny and red and won't really weigh the history heavily in the decision.

F

FrgMstr

"but I guess it has some car fax history"

Crazy if you did not get that thing on a lift to give it a look.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, and they do keep depreciating no matter what some on this forum (not necessarily this thread) think and say... :(

Yes, Viper's don't hold their value and may still drop once the Gen-V hits. It's sad. But this Viper has had a rough life, has been repainted, and still looks worn. The rear bumper was definately repainted, so it was probably rear ended once. The front bumper is not even the same shade of red. The fact that the seat belts were swapped to 96+ means something is up. I'd offer $15k.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, and they do keep depreciating no matter what some on this forum (not necessarily this thread) think and say... :(

I think moreso with Gen 1's as opposed to Gen 2's. I don't see Gen 2's really dropping much at all in the future...but maybe I'm just being too optimistic?

And with this economy, it's tough to gage actual depreciation vs. the effect of low overall demand in general. Hmm.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes, that's about €16410! If I can get good money for my daily driver once it is restored and save some more I better keep an eye out for Vipers like this one. As long as the repairs were done right and the car feels good I would consider it.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if an owner has a car that hits something and is severely damaged, unless there ie a lien on it or an insurance claim, it may show up with a clean title. I know of a car that was damaged at the drag strip, the owner assumed it would not be covered by insurance so paid to fix it himself. At least in the case of it happening on the highway, there is often a police report that then leads to a carfax update. Unfortunately this like the laws on repairing previously "total-loss" vehicles varies by state so the more information you have the better and if unsure, have it inspected by a Viper tech just to be safe. As "Fat-boy" pointed out these cars have a lot of power so it is probably worth a little extra effort to make sure you and your passenger are safe just in case it should hit something.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This dude has a lot for sale all of a sudden, but the number
matches the area. Maybe needs to unload the toys quick?
Either way this is the third sub $21k viper I've seen this
month. If it wasn't a VOI year might have looked into it as
a daily driver.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Make sure the airbags aren't gutted out.

OP
OP
E

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A guy in town on a local forum went to go check it out today. This is what he posted about the car.

Checked it out today, since I already have one I might have offered 17k. Exterior is ok, a few minor paint issues. A lot of misalignment in the body panels. Interior is ok, few issues like broken glove box, missing pieces where you grab the door to close it, sun rash here and there. Battery was dead but jumped it and took a drive, pulled very nice, clutch, shifter, brakes all seemed tight. Low balling because for the 23k miles it says on the odo, lot of "fishy" things like, how do you fray a seat belt in 23k miles? Some things I could attribute to maybe some bratty rich kids dad bought it for them, others nothing more than higher miles could explain. Seemed like it got a little warm during the test drive but this guy wasn't very driven to sell ie dead battery, might have been low on coolant. It's sitting in a building with 5 other cars and says he has about 10 more at his house. Is it worth 20k??? Maybe, if i could be convinced they were actual miles.

He said that someone offer the man 19 and he turned it down. Guess he's pretty firm on the price.