Anyone Replace Stock Cats with High Flow Cats?

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 03 vert and went with gutting the secondary cat and put on an 08 system to get rid of the cross over. Sounds great, no cel and gets rid of the heat issue. I paid 400 for the entire system from the manifolds back. I have heard lots of stories about high flows causing problems and have decided to avoid this. My next move is headers, straight pipes to the mufflers, and a tune to trick the computer regarding the o2 sensors.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the tuner off a member here Darbnik. I got the cats from him as well. And now none of this stuff matters. Cats are too long for some reason, and the actual cat part of the pipe is in the sill for some reason? So you can't even cut the pipe to fit with my Corsa because you would have to cut right into the cat. And the cat has no hangers for some reason either. They are supposed to be Roe Hi flos, but they must be like the first set to ever roll out of the company before they figured out they were crap and re-engineered a new set.

So now my installer is just going to cut the whole thing off and weld in some straight pipe. I'll get the O2's tie wrapped to the frame and see what happens.

The 08-10 are longer than the 03-06 the gen 4 are 1" longer, Im not sure thats row set up. If anyone needs some row hi flow cats I have a set for the gen3 for sale make me an offer.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 08-10 are longer than the 03-06 the gen 4 are 1" longer, Im not sure thats row set up. If anyone needs some row hi flow cats I have a set for the gen3 for sale make me an offer.

The Hi flos I bought came off of a 2005. Not sure what the deal is with the things?? Oh well, it's getting taken care of now. For what I paid for everything I am not going to get too worked up about the cats being useless. The SCT and CAI both work great, and the price I paid for everything I probably would've been willing to pay for just the SCT and CAI. So I'll pretend I got the cats for free to make myself feel better. lol. It's just too bad it's costing me probably double now to get them to fit on the car properly.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of slightly used high flow cats which are metal substrate. Do not use ceramic cored cats. I bought mine from Todd at A&C a few months ago but never used them. If interested please email me. I'll sell for $200 which is less than the cost of one.
Sal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235