Question for those who own or have owned Porsche 911 and Viper?

JENJGTS97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Just added a 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Conv. with 21K miles to the stable. This is first Conv. and Porsche. I have been a VCA member for 15 years and have learned so much about my Viper from this forum. I expected to find the same from the Porsche Car Club. So far I have not found an owners forum that even comes close to this one. I love both cars and they are completely different but each has its own thrills. Do any of you have info on a Porsche owners forum that is similar to this great Viper forum? Thanks!

Ataim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rennlist is 'bout the best that I've found for them there German cars:)

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PCA is a great club. Like the VCA, they drive their cars! The PCA has many local chapters so investigate which one near you fits the activities you desire.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have a 2011 911 GTS. Never thought I would ever own one because I always thought their looks were just "okay", but they are an awesome driving car! As mentioned above, Rennlist and the other is the 6speed forums. I believe those are the most popular. Enjoy!!!

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can also check out "pelicanparts" is also a good resource.
Use to have a 993 cab, man do i miss that car, only problem was during midday i would be burning under the sun, decided then that it was a morning and evening car for the top down....

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/B]Q: What's the difference between a Posche and a Porcupine?!

A:The Porcupine has the pricks on the outside!!:lmao:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rennlist is 'bout the best that I've found for them there German cars:)
Rennlist is heads above any of the others, then PCA & Pelican (2nd & 3rd). Our local PCA Chapter is alot more active than our Viper Mid-South Region Club is, but there's also quite a bit more Porsches too. Lately though I haven't had the time to do anything with either. To me, the Viper Club is Definitely more Receptive & Friendly, if you know what I mean! jmo

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Our local PCA is very active too, and puts on nearly weekly events. Great bunch of guys, even if they drive Porsche.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife has the same set up as you, nice car to take a cruise in. She uses as daily driver, her 2nd, drives 10K year, no real issues.

6 speed on-line is the best source for info, classified's, how-to's, etc, etc. Lot's more Porsche's out there then vipers, so at this site you'll find a ton of info. As someone said Rennlist is good too, but 6 speed is much more robust. As you'll find out from the dealer service department prices, you need to service all you can yourself. Local dealer wants $300 for oil change. Take a look at how to change the air filter, then you'll see why they service at the dealer is so expensive. good luck and enjoy! Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss