A/C leak probable

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure where it is leaking, but I recharged the system when I bought the car the beginning of March. I just had to refill the system yesterday since it was only at 10 psi. Is there a popular place for the A/C system to leak on these cars?

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go get some leak dye and an ultraviolet light from auto parts store. Put a quick shot of dye in the system, go for a short drive the part it. Go out and look at it later with the ultraviolet light in a dark garage. You will most likely see leaks behind the compressor or look in the front nose at the condenser lines. Most leak behind the compressor.. Make sure system is full of refrigerant first before you do it so it is under normal operating pressure. O-rings come in a kit from the auto parts store. About 6 bucks

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
step 1 (with my humble edit) :

Check the two valve cores first (high and low pressure ports)...and the "O" rings.

step 2:

Go get some leak dye and an ultraviolet light from auto parts store. Put a quick shot of dye in the system, go for a short drive the part it. Go out and look at it later with the ultraviolet light in a dark garage. You will most likely see leaks behind the compressor or look in the front nose at the condenser lines. Most leak behind the compressor.. Make sure system is full of refrigerant first before you do it so it is under normal operating pressure. O-rings come in a kit from the auto parts store. About 6 bucks

both are very diy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Check valve cores by removing the caps (usually one blue, one black) and look to see if the valves leak... as in bubble. If so, try to tighten (just like on a bicycle tire...same tool). I fstill leaking, can replace them easily. Snap-On makes a special tool for this...some "wing it".

"O" rings are found at connections.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456