Calling All '05 Commemorative Editions

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, just bought it. Can't wait until it arrives here in dallas. My first viper!!

CONGRATS! These Commemoratives sell almost instantly. Every one on eBay has sold well before the auction ended. Your's was already in Texas, should be there soon!

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of eBay, #94 sold a few weeks ago as well. This one was supercharged, sidewinders, corsa, ausio system....

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone?

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one from Illinois sold in April. Don't know the number, but it was mint.

Another was sold in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach at Connor Ford in May-ish. Also mint. They all seem to be mint.

Obviously, I was looking at these for a while before the time was right.

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last edited:

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, just bought it. Can't wait until it arrives here in dallas. My first viper!!

Returned your PM....Welcome! Exciting time isn't it........Ah, that 3 day weekend to put that first 500 miles..........Watch out for Plano's finest........They are very concerned about your safety: ) :) : )

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a Commemorative with an 08 hood. I really like it... I know Flexx has one too. This is car number 29, but I think he sold it years ago to an unknown buyer.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, I have a Gen. IV hood. My warranty is up in April so I'm 50/50 as of now on whether or not to renew it or sell the car and jump into a Gen IV or V. I still have the original hood therefore, if the car is sold, it will be sold in its original stock condition with the Gen. III hood (and less Eradispeed rotors, Corsa exhaust, and CalChromed 5 spokes). Everything except for the hood (I believe it's spoken for) will be sold separately unless the new owner wants to pay for the these items and keep them on the car.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I have a Gen. IV hood. My warranty is up in April so I'm 50/50 as of now on whether or not to renew it or sell the car and jump into a Gen IV or V. I still have the original hood therefore, if the car is sold, it will be sold in its original stock condition with the Gen. III hood (and less Eradispeed rotors, Corsa exhaust, and CalChromed 5 spokes). Everything except for the hood (I believe it's spoken for) will be sold separately unless the new owner wants to pay for the these items and keep them on the car.

So how did you paint your 08 hood - same as this one? Curious how you ended the 'fang' points at the scoop...

I would love to buy your hood but shipping it to NJ would be a PITA and expensive.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#72 Tampa, FL 6880 miles

Ohlarikd still not as nice as yours, but can't wait!

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are gonna love it IDM! Congrats on the excellent find and purchase! Post up some arrival pics as it comes out of the trailer!

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it !!! :2tu:

Here is a Commemorative with an 08 hood. I really like it... I know Flexx has one too. This is car number 29, but I think he sold it years ago to an unknown buyer.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When does it arrive? You'll have to bring it out to Cars and Coffee sometime. I'll be there Saturday with my car.

I don't generally go to car shows & don't drink coffee,but I would do racing events if any are coming up.
I saw your post about the one at Ferman BMW. Wonder how many miles/price? Wish I would have been in the market then instead of getting this one from across the country. Car is arriving Saturday afternoon, you are welcome to check it out any time. What year do you have 05 CE?

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't generally go to car shows & don't drink coffee,but I would do racing events if any are coming up.
I saw your post about the one at Ferman BMW. Wonder how many miles/price? Wish I would have been in the market then instead of getting this one from across the country. Car is arriving Saturday afternoon, you are welcome to check it out any time. What year do you have 05 CE?
Haha it's not exactly a literal cars and coffee meet. This is at the DuPont Registry headquarters in St. Pete. It's held on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 7-9am. I'd say an average of 200-300 cars show up, from classics to super exotics.

The CE that was at Ferman was listed for $60k I believe with 1,800 miles.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7am haha on my day off, plus there will be a lot of other cool cars there and coffee? No way I'm definitely out now!
I will be in Palm Harbor on Saturday and Sunday and headed back to Tampa Sunday, you're welcome to see the car if it's convenient for you

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting for pictures, IDM! :eater:

As I learned this past week of transporting, and the past 10 years of wanting a Viper - waiting makes it better!

This thing is stunning, I never expected it to be so beautiful. I have had the car about 6 hours and already feel comfortable like it is mine.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats!! Glad the search ended with success! Looking forward to future impressions.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm dead tired but want to go outside and continue driving it!

Thank you again by the way

My only complaint so far is that there isn't an ipod hookup and I hope there's an easy trick to do it

Last edited:

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm dead tired but want to go outside and continue driving it!

Thank you again by the way

My only complaint so far is that there isn't an ipod hookup and I hope there's an easy trick to do it

Congrats! Good choice! Any plans for the car yet or are you going to leave it stock?

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Good choice! Any plans for the car yet or are you going to leave it stock?

I'd like to see and hear suggestions on mods to pick up ideas.

I've never had a car this nice, my other cars have needed mods to be unique but this looks like a million bucks already.

The high shifter looks and feels terrible. I will get a MGW shifter and knob for sure and a nice license plate frame.

Thinking of putting in the stock navigation headunit with ipod hookup later on maybe. I'd have to try one out and see if it's worthwhile.

As far as performance mods I don't think so. Don't want it louder or to smell like gas and don't need the extra speed (I've had faster cars, that's not what this car is about for me) I dont want to lower it either. Being a special model I think I will keep it the way it is and just keep it super clean instead of modding!

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see and hear suggestions on mods to pick up ideas.

I've never had a car this nice, my other cars have needed mods to be unique but this looks like a million bucks already.

The high shifter looks and feels terrible. I will get a MGW shifter and knob for sure and a nice license plate frame.

Thinking of putting in the stock navigation headunit with ipod hookup later on maybe. I'd have to try one out and see if it's worthwhile.

As far as performance mods I don't think so. Don't want it louder or to smell like gas and don't need the extra speed (I've had faster cars, that's not what this car is about for me) I dont want to lower it either. Being a special model I think I will keep it the way it is and just keep it super clean instead of modding!

I just picked up my CE a couple months ago. I am thinking of a MGW shifter also but am going to try the shorter knob first (I think they make a white one with blue racing stripes). I've heard the factory nav unit *****. I would definitely put new tires on it if it still has the original run flats. I also had all the fluids changed out, new spark plugs and Quality Wires in blue. I might do new exhaust, not really for the sound but for the excessive cabin heat in the summer. Also looking at new rotors and 6 spoke wheels just to change it up a little and also reduces some weight.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post up a pic of the knob, sounds cool. Yeah probably skip the nav then, want to see it first, but def. need a way to hook up ipod. My tires are like new so I will go through them first, not balling out of my mind to drop 2k on tires when these are perfect, but I agree when I do it will make the car feel new again. You will love the MGW shifter if you get one, Ive tried many short shifters on other cars and MGW is 4x better than the 2nd best. Its literally the perfect shifter and the guys who make it are good people. I noticed the excessive heat last night too, and it was 60 degrees and dark and windy out. That is not good but I'd bet its the cats that cause most of that and itll smell like gas if you get rid of them. Very nice keep me posted on your mods! I am still in shock or snake bit : )

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a ton of threads about everything you are asking - do some searches and you will be reading for hours. For now, forget all that and just stare at it, drive it, contemplate your excellent purchase, stare at it some more, revel in the glory.

I did get an RB1, but I really just wanted in dash NAV. Everything else about it is not good. I have no intention of upgrading the sound system, as its an expensive route with limited gains unless you go nuts. Bluetooth - I haven't a suitable unit yet that plugs in to the CD Changer and gives the song info on the display... iSimple has some stuff.