Best comment you overheard someone say about your car...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 weeks ago while out for a leisurely cruise;

2 teens in a ricer - Wow that's nice! ... Yeah, sweeeet!
Me - Thanks. :)
Teens - Is that thing chopped?
Me - No it's a roadster. (i had my lemke 3 pc trunk top on)
Teens - Is that a wide body kit ya got on there?
Me - No, they come stock like this.
Teen - Awesome car!
Me - Thanks again! :D
Teens - Ya wanna run?
Me - No thanks... I try not to do that stuff on public roads.
Teens - Ah Come on Man! Yeah Man! Come On Dude... nobody out here but us... blah, blah
Me - Well...Okay sure. Let's go.
Teen - Can I have a head-start? :dunce:

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This post should live forever...every time I go out, it's a new comment. I was driving through a popular nightlife area here in Indy when traveling on a one way street with angled parking spots. I'm approaching a stop sign when there was a black Z06 trying to back out of his spot and could not because I was coming through. I passed by and stopped for the sign when I heard "Hey", and I am thinking ok, did he think I cut him off? "You know you just ruined my night. I'm thinking my car is pretty cool and then you have go and drive by!" I just smiled and waved.:headbang:

T26

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I have lunch with my buddy. He is a Corvette driver for years and is very proud of his car. After lunch, I show him my Viper for the first time and he is floored. After a ride in the Viper, the only thing he says is, "I feel like such a p---y in my car now." My answer was, "You should."

OP
OP
J

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This post should live forever...every time I go out, it's a new comment. I was driving through a popular nightlife area here in Indy when traveling on a one way street with angled parking spots. I'm approaching a stop sign when there was a black Z06 trying to back out of his spot and could not because I was coming through. I passed by and stopped for the sign when I heard "Hey", and I am thinking ok, did he think I cut him off? "You know you just ruined my night. I'm thinking my car is pretty cool and then you have go and drive by!" I just smiled and waved.:headbang:

The most embarrassing moment I had in my car was when I drove through Lakewood Ohio on a Friday or Saturday night during bar hours. It was a nightlife location, where it's common to have a LOT of people spill out onto the sidewalk and patios.

I drive by and in front of about 100 people all I hear is a guy scream literally as loud as he can "YEAHHHHHHHHHH VIPERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy with a 392 Challenger and a hot wife telling me that his Challenger was his 3rd Challenger and he plans to get another...

Hot wife turns and looks at my car then looks at him and says... "Next time we're getting a Viper" :lmao:

stryfe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife's friend (from Canada) asked us if we had "bought the Batmobile" when she saw a video of me pulling away after I bought my '00 ACR.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best quote I heard was last weekend at a car show "Yellow is my favorite color." :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not related but since ricers was mentioned I thought I'd share this story. Two weeks ago at a car show, Tator (Wizard) mentioned he keeps wooden chopsticks in his Viper, front-seat pocket. I'm like WT*? What?!? Why? He explained to me that when ricers pull up next to him to taunt him, he pulls out the chopsticks, LOL. :D He said the looks on their faces are priceless. LMAO. :headbang: Carry on.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Not related but since ricers was mentioned I thought I'd share this story. Two weeks ago at a car show, Tator (Wizard) mentioned he keeps wooden chopsticks in his Viper, front-seat pocket. I'm like WT*? What?!? Why? He explained to me that when ricers pull up next to him to taunt him, he pulls out the chopsticks, LOL. :D He said the looks on their faces are priceless. LMAO. :headbang: Carry on.

That is just brilliant. I am going to start carrying some chopsticks too.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite was when I was living in St. Joseph, MI and was in a relationship (hot looking middle-aged woman) and while paying our bar tab before leaving my girlfriend tells me we have to drop her hot friend off on the way home. I reminded her that we brought the Viper and her or her girlfriend are going to share their seat....she had no problem with that as they were both under 120lbs.

We head outside and four teenage young men (guessing 16-18 years old) are taking pictures of my Viper and oohing and ahhing about it. I hit the remote and their heads spin around and see this long-haired guy with two very good looking women in very short dresses and their mouths opened in awe.

I said hello as we exchanged hellos and answered a few questions about my Viper while seating the ladies in the passenger seat. I shut the passenger door and knowing the ladies couldn't hear me, I told them "Gents, don't get the wrong idea, not every night will you take two women like this home when you buy one of these. Have a great night and please, please get a Masters degree and buy two Vipers for yourself!"

Their jaws were on their chest at this point, not a word, not a sigh, nothing.....just stunned thinking about what I was "allegedly" going to have happen next.

I got in the Viper, started her up, pulled out nice and easy, and drove away.....knowing they'd hear every shift until I was a mile away.

Regards,
Aaron

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"OMG I never saw one in real life." It was about a 16 year old cute little Midwestern blonde girl visiting Miami with her 12 year old little brother. She kicked him right out of the way and wanted her picture taken standing next to it. LOL The brother moved on command and never said a word...he just looked all slack jawed and said "Cool" one time. She was very appreciative and fired it off to instagram.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a handful of car posters and die casts in my office. Coworker walks in, doesn't know much about me just yet says "looks like you're a car guy". Another coworker who knows what I drive sits idly by as I respond, Yeah. He says "I have a 350Z convertible, man you wouldn't believe how fast they are". After 30 minutes or so about his 350Z, he pauses.... so what do you have? I point to the 6 foot long poster behind him. He says "What? You got a VIPER!!!?". I respond "yeah". His response.... "****".... he got up and left.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a handful of car posters and die casts in my office. Coworker walks in, doesn't know much about me just yet says "looks like you're a car guy". Another coworker who knows what I drive sits idly by as I respond, Yeah. He says "I have a 350Z convertible, man you wouldn't believe how fast they are". After 30 minutes or so about his 350Z, he pauses.... so what do you have? I point to the 6 foot long poster behind him. He says "What? You got a VIPER!!!?". I respond "yeah". His response.... "****".... he got up and left.

:rolaugh:

I had the same story with another car, I think it was an EVO.

JaronsToy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BEST EVER !!!
at a car show this young cute girl walks up to my car and asks her dad with a big smile on her face ( IS THAT RICKEY BOBBY FAST) lol hahahahhaha

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"LOOKS LIKE THE BATMOBILE!"

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm young, and look younger than I am, so I get a LOT of side talk about "daddy's viper" and "so, what do you do?" When they find out I'm just a hard working Engineer with my name on the title (and loan! :rolaugh:) I get the feeling they don't believe me.

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"LOOKS LIKE THE BATMOBILE!"

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm young, and look younger than I am, so I get a LOT of side talk about "daddy's viper" and "so, what do you do?" When they find out I'm just a hard working Engineer with my name on the title (and loan! :rolaugh:) I get the feeling they don't believe me.

That's a really bad ass ride. I am the same way. I just think most people assume I am a drug dealer. I haven't gotten any "what do you do" questions yet, so I'd have to believe that is part of the reason why lol. You can tell when people are looking at you and trying to figure out your situation. Fun stuff. These cars are the best.

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a really bad ass ride. I am the same way. I just think most people assume I am a drug dealer. I haven't gotten any "what do you do" questions yet, so I'd have to believe that is part of the reason why lol. You can tell when people are looking at you and trying to figure out your situation. Fun stuff. These cars are the best.

I went to Cars and Coffee this morning and two seperate individuals asked "is that your dads car" followed by "wait then what do you do to afford it". I chuckle and reply "Finance/IT and I sell crack to kids" maybe I should have gotten the license plate 'CRK DLR' afterall but the wife wouldn't let me.

Another fun thing I heard this morning was a few car guys saying "my two favorite cars here are the Viper and the Ferrari 360 CS, but I like the Viper more". Mind you about 20 corvettes showed up as well as a few lambo, porsche, cobra, and older muscle/classic cars

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After about 3 months of ownership and while at a car show, I was letting people sit in my car and take pics. A guy and a very hot girl my age walk up and she gets in it. He starts giving me the "I envy you so much" look. I just nod my head and smile as his girl is enjoying my viper. He gets a few pics of her and then as she's getting out, I heard her whisper to him "I think I just had an ******." I could tell he wasn't happy and tried to walk away really fast. As he did, she turned her head towards me and gave me the biggest "I want you" look I think I've ever seen!!

If only that guy wasn't there......

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just happen last night...

Went to a local cruise-in at a restaurant. Like 50 or so cars. Came out after my meal and see a family talking and taking pics. I hear a 40-ish man saying to a 7yr old girl and it has a V10, blah-blah"
I say to the little girl, "You wanna sit in it and get your pic!" Then after that older brother says "can I sit in it too?" Sure! :)
"Thanks so much" says the Mom as she walks away with the smiling kids.

The man is still standing there next to me and just looks at me, then the car, then me again and says " Can I sit in it?"
Sure. :D
Thanks man! :2tu: Then he goes the other way, gets in a van and drives off.

Dude wasn't even with the lady and kids! Ha, ha! :dunno:

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went to Cars and Coffee this morning and two seperate individuals asked "is that your dads car" followed by "wait then what do you do to afford it". I chuckle and reply "Finance/IT and I sell crack to kids" maybe I should have gotten the license plate 'CRK DLR' afterall but the wife wouldn't let me.

Another fun thing I heard this morning was a few car guys saying "my two favorite cars here are the Viper and the Ferrari 360 CS, but I like the Viper more". Mind you about 20 corvettes showed up as well as a few lambo, porsche, cobra, and older muscle/classic cars
mine is kinda alonmg those lines. I was was getting gas at walmart... (yes walmart, not even costco) and i heard 2 guys talking about the car while pumping gas beside me and one asked the other what he thought i did, his reply was i bet he's a drufg dealer, said kinda jokingly, then they asked me. the look on their face was priceless when i told them I am a drug dealer.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After about 3 months of ownership and while at a car show, I was letting people sit in my car and take pics. A guy and a very hot girl my age walk up and she gets in it. He starts giving me the "I envy you so much" look. I just nod my head and smile as his girl is enjoying my viper. He gets a few pics of her and then as she's getting out, I heard her whisper to him "I think I just had an ******." I could tell he wasn't happy and tried to walk away really fast. As he did, she turned her head towards me and gave me the biggest "I want you" look I think I've ever seen!!

If only that guy wasn't there......

And then the alarm clock rang and it was time to get up and go to work....

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had an appointment that I went to and when I returned to my car, I saw a piece of paper under the wiper blade. I removed the piece of paper and it turns out it was a note that read “Call me, you won’t be disappointed”, there was a phone number. My only thought was, what type of ***** would do this and it definitely was someone I did not want to meet.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an appointment that I went to and when I returned to my car, I saw a piece of paper under the wiper blade. I removed the piece of paper and it turns out it was a note that read “Call me, you won’t be disappointed”, there was a phone number. My only thought was, what type of ***** would do this and it definitely was someone I did not want to meet.
you should have called her. if nothing else just for the laughs and more to the story