Best comment you overheard someone say about your car...

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I HAVE to share this. I don't think this will ever be topped as long as I have my car.

About a month ago I was coming out of Von's (grocery store) walking to my car when a couple just passed in front of it walking past me and into the store.

Guy to girl:

"if I had a cloak of invisibility, I would so break into that f*cker"

Priceless...

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy and girl looking at my car.
Guy says, "great car man"
Me," thanks"
Guy says, "dude, I wanna "F" my ******* the hood of your car"
I look at the girl and say, " we can work something out".
She was still slapping at him when I drove off.
TRUE STORY!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This last weekend at Cars and Coffee a guy looked at my motor and said 'Someone put a SUPERCHARGER on a VIPER???'. He looked at it for another minute or so then said to his friend 'This car is somewhere between awesome and suicidal'.

I lol'd.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I overheard some of my female co-workers deciding that they would name my new car "Girlgasm."

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This from a (high school kid)! "Wow, great car. Fastest car you can buy that doesn't cost more than a house!". I thought that was rather interesting.:D

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Coming out of a pub at dusk, lovely new ladyfriend and I pull out of the parking lot.

Backing up to get out of lot, had to pass in front of four young fellows who had stepped out of the pub and having a chat.

As passed in front and pulled away in the shiny red 1992, with lovely lady in the passenger seat, they say nice car, etc.

One fellow says, 'I wish I was you'.

Ladyfriend and I both had a laugh at that one

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are hilarious! Keep them coming!

I have only had my car for coming up on 2 months, haven't managed to get anything good yet. Still getting a lot of "is that a V8 or V10?" and "yeah, so this is just like a corvette?" from my family memebers... You can tell its not in their blood.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pulled up to a stoplight next to a car with 4-5 teenagers in it...
Teen1: What kind of car is that?
Me: A Viper
Teen2: That isn't a Viper!!!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Filling up with fuel @ 2am. The teenage clerk comes running out in a panic

-OMG, sweet car! Is that a Viper? I have never seen one of those.
.yes
-Is that a V10?
.yes
-Is it a manual?
.yes
-Can I take a pic?
.yes

Another time filling up, girl getting into drivers seat as guy getting in passenger. Both stair it down as they walk to their truck. Girl to guy as they get in
-That thing is a death machine. Can you imagine if I had one of those?!

Same fill up, another very nice looking lady pulls up to the pump next to me, gets out all cautiously. I say hello.
-Hi... I wasn't sure if it was Ok to park next to you, I will be careful I promise.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Text exchange with a close friend went as follows:

- Came to dinner with my GF, I saw your Viper in the parking lot
. Yes, I am here having dinner

- Dude...you car makes me want to do bad things.
. Bad things? To my car or you GF?

- All three !!!

I had no words after his response.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite a few... took it for a late night cruise through our local college town, where I attended university. Girl randomly walks up to the car and asks for a ride. Very attractive young coed.

Was pumping gas and a family pulled up in an older Sebring. Dad says to kids and mom, "That's what your daddy would have if he didn't decide to marry your mom and have you kids and buy a house." (Mildly insulting, considering he didn't know me but amusing nonetheless)

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The day my viper was delivered my first trip was to the gas station and a guy came up to me and said "that is my dream car". I smiled and said "mine too".

Pulling out of a side street onto a private road a motorcycle stopped and waved for me to go infront of him so I politely let the tires spin and made it to the posted speed limit faster than others. when we met at the traffic light 1/2 mile down the intimidating looking biker pulled his bandana from infront of his mouth and yelled to me as excited as could be "that is the most bada-s thing I have ever seen, thank you!".

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was out running errands one day at store when some dad with his teenage son walks up to the car. The dad says:

"You can have one of those someday if you go to college and work hard."

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
best I have so far:

nice car!

love the paint!

that's gorgeous!

that's bad ass!

that's is way better looking than the new viper!

I was driving by downtown. About 4 guys having dinner on the outside sitting area of a restaurant stand up leaving their women at the table to get a better look of the car.

On memorial day I was driving on a single lane two way highway. The traffic in the opposite lane was terrible, there was a huge lines of cars barely moving. As I drove by I saw a bunch of guys with half their bodies outside all 4 windows of their car giving me thumbs up and screaming. I couldn't really understand what they were saying but it was kind of cool.

At exotics at Redmond town center I got to the main show area and they tell me, hold on this has to go to the "really cool car area"... After following their instructions I end up in the center of the mall with a bunch of Ferraris, lambos, and a Bugatti Veyron.

I know... nothing too exciting but not bad for a couple months of viper ownership. Got to love vipers.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to pick my son up from his Boy Scout sponsored car wash, no one in the troop had seen the Viper. I pull in and park and all of the other scouts in my sons troop are yelling at him " You have a Viper? You lucky dog!", as soon as I got out of the car the Scoutmaster walked over to me and said "Soooooo, what kind of work do you do?....." I just laughed...... :)

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right after buying my Viper, first time I took it out on the tollway......Two Dodge Rams drive by loaded with people in both of them and on both sides of me....all giving me the 'thumbs up' out the window. Nothing like owning a Viper--It really is a dream car for me and my longtime goal --achieved. All the hard-work to get it makes me appreciate it that much more!

There's simply nothing like it on the road.

greg

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to hurricane harbor and the young lady at the pay booth for parking said; "I want to have babies with your car". I had no response to that one.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was at the LA car show, the 2003 just came out.

A kid told his Dad "look at the new Miata"

Yikes!

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to work just the other day and a buddy says to me, Miah (from work) just bought a car like yours. Im like Really? what did he get. He says one of those Pontiac Solstice. No offence to pontiac owners but i LMAO. My buddy says well its red like yours. I walked away crying and laughing.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd had mine about a month or two and took it to Edgewater drag strip up near Cincinnati. I had no intentions of really setting any records with it, but wanted to get a feel for it on the track, after a few years of pushing my 650-hp Challenger to some low 11s.

They have two lanes on Test & Tune night, one for regular off-the-street racers, and one for pros. The pro line is obviously much shorter and moves faster.

Naturally, I was in the street racer lane, and apparently caught the attention of the lane worker, who immediately came up to me and told me to move to the pro lane. I protested, because I knew I wasn't nearly good enough, but his comment was something I've remembered since:

"Son, get that car in the pro lane. Everyone wants to see it."

(epilogue, naturally, I sucked, and really felt sheepish, but all the pro drivers were just as excited to have it around as the regular kids)

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 96 RT is all black, no emblems and has black hennessey rims. I was fueling up here in south florida middle of last month at Costco and a guy walked over and said, "man I used to love that car from Miami vice, nice". I didn't even know how to respond. I think I smiled and said thanks.

OP
OP
J

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just finished up putting gas in the car yesterday, station was very crowded, every pump full with cars waiting behind. Going to get into my car, close the door and a really nice older gentleman walks up to my window. Probably in his 70s just to guess. Walks up, leans in the window, puts both his hands on the sill and says:

"that guy back there in the smart car said he wants to race you"

We both had a laugh and I was on my way.