Edmonton Track Event July 20th

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone;

Great News!!

We reached the minimum Viper threshold to make the track rental viable. I have now confirmed the afternoon session for Friday July 20th at Stratotech in Fort Saskatchewan. We have exclusive use of the track from 12:00 noon until 5:00 PM when another group comes on.

I will make full payment to the track on the clubs behalf and then collect from all of the members that participate, the more the merrier; and of course less cost to the Regions Bank Account. The subsidized cost is $ 120.00 per car for the full afternoon.

Please confirm your attendanace by sending an email or PM to my attention; or you can call me directly.

Thanks to our member Jim Campbell from Edmonton who has agreed to assist by providing a track coordinator and instructors for the novice drivers.

It will be a safe event with no timing and controlled passing; everyone can drive at a speed where they are comfortable.

Hope to see you at the track.

Cheers,

Jim

Attachments

• Stratotech Race Track Layout.pdf
    385.4 KB · Views: 24

StyVip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bahh I'm going to miss out. Im on holidays in the US that weekend. Enjoy the track you'll all get to love turn 8........

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming up this weekend, I will not have my car there, but I will be at the BBQ Saturday eve and hope to see a bunch fellow members there!:2tu:

Jim, I know you're heading out today or tomorrow for Red Deer, I hope you can check your email before you head out on the road.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though its not done yet thanks Jim for putting together a weekend that was beyond amazing. The track was great, the hotel and location, the private collection was simply unbelievable. Also thanks to our generous BBQ hosts, my ears have now recovered :headbang:

mmcturk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jim for putting together an awesome weekend, the private collection was the highlight for me. Thanks again to the host of the BBQ, great food.

1blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great to see every one again and meet some new Viper owners too !
Hopefully there was no permanent hearing loss !

Sheila and Darryl
You must be registered for see images attach

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was great to see everyone, old friends and new, and even though the weather did not fully co-operate, it was a great BBQ!
Hope everyone got a kick out of the Pro-Mod Viper start up!

Click photos for better view.

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Debbie and I had a blast; met some very enthusiastic new members and had a chance to track my new Hennessey 650R Viper. The weather was stunning for the private track day at Stratotech and the Sunday at Indy; we endured a spat of heavy rain Saturday; despite that we had a great barbecue at Darryl and Sheilas; speacila treat t hear the Viper Dragster start up; can hardly wait to see it make a run; by the late afternoon th esun was back out; all was well for another visit to the dowtown Taste of Edmonton. The exotic car show gave us a close look at some high end super cars; and other eye candy!!. Entertainment at Churchill Square was very good and all within walking distance of the Hotel.

The Bodnar museum was over the top; I would urge any member who gets invited to a private showing like we had not to miss it. I wish I could share some photos of the museum but we agreed on the non disclosure policy.

Our member Jim Campbell was very generous in taking some of our gang around the track in his ACR; very quick!! and he allowed me to drive his Indy car for a few laps; what a great thrill that was.

All in all a great event; story and photos to come for the magazine this fall.

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run quite a few driver's ed and track experience days with a lot of groups. I was super impressed by the Viper people! Relaxed, pleasant, no big "super-car" egos, safe, following instructions... it was a real pleasure! Completely opposite from what we're used to with previous high-end car groups. Made me proud to be a Viper owner. Everyone at the track who was involved mentioned the same thing. I certainly have never suggested participants take my formula car for a few laps before. I've read a number of Viper Club articles where something along the lines of "came for the cars, stayed for the people" was mentioned. I actually thought that was pretty lame until the track event - now I get it.

Thanks everyone for a great day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper