Build Options

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, perhaps a bit premature, but wanted to get an idea of what people were planning on ordering... Also hoping to start a discussion on some of the relative merits of options and packages. I attempted to put together a quick build sheet template that you can use to denote your build. Feel free to amend...

Should be self-explanatory, but just in case it is not... if multiple options exist, indicate your option within the [] brackets using the appropriate value in () brackets - if a single option exists, use an 'X'. If a package overrides an option, do not place a value for the option.

[-] Model: (S)RT / (G)TS

Common Options:
[-] Color: (B)lack, (A)drenaline Red, Bright (W)hite, Race (Y)ellow, (S)hadow Blue Pearl, (G)unmetal Pearl
[-] Wheel Finish: (H)yper / (M)atte / (P)olished
[-] Wheel Type: 5-Spoke Rattler
[-] Seat Color: (B)lack / (R)ed / (T)an
[-] Seat Belt Color: (B)lack / (R)ed / (T)an

SRT Specific Options:
[-] Painted Dual Racing Stripes
[-] Floor mats
[-] 12-Speaker Harmon Kardon Audio

GTS Specific Options:
[-] Color: Stryker (R)ed
[-] Hood: (S)RT / (G)TS
[-] Wheel Type: 6-Spoke Venom
[-] 18-Speaker Harmon Kardon Audio
[-] GTS Premium Interior Package: (B)lack / (S)epia

Packages:

[-] SRT Touring Package
[-] Carbon Fiber Interior Styling Group
[-] Carbon Fiber Exterior Styling Group
[-] SRT Track Package

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My build: (tentative on color)

[G] Model: (S)RT / (G)TS

Common Options:
Color: (B)lack, (A)drenaline Red, Bright (W)hite, Race (Y)ellow, (S)hadow Blue Pearl, (G)unmetal Pearl
[M] Wheel Finish: (H)yper / (M)atte / (P)olished
[-] Seat Color: (B)lack / (R)ed / (T)an
Seat Belt Color: (B)lack / (R)ed / (T)an

SRT Specific Options:
[-] Floor mats

GTS Specific Options:
[G] Hood: (S)RT / (G)TS
GTS Premium Interior Package: (B)lack / Blu(E)

Packages:

[X] SRT Touring Package
[X] Carbon Fiber Interior Styling Group
[X] Carbon Fiber Exterior Styling Group
[?] SRT Track Package

---

The only two options I am seriously agonizing over are exterior color, and the track package. Current preferences for color are: Black, Shadow Blue Pearl, Stryker Red. Black looks great, but takes so much caring for. As for blue, I'm torn. I love the blue that Austin uses in his renderings. It would be awesome if the Shadow Blue pearl approximates that color, though it looks a bit lighter than I care for in some of the pictures I've seen, at least in direct sunlight.

As for the track package, price considerations aside (I guess that goes for everything at the moment), I don't anticipate getting a lot of track time in, however the notion of getting the most performance out of my car appeals. I can also imagine the package adding something to the resale value (though maybe not much, in the long term). All that said, not sure about the higher replacement costs of tires and shorter life-span. I live in Ohio so the weather is somewhat mercurial to say the least, so not sure how well the P Zero Corsa system handles in the wet (not that I plan on driving in the rain, but its fair to say it is inevitable that you will get caught in the rain around here). Another consideration is that the tires can't be stored in < 32F degree temperature. As of now, I don't have access to a heated garage so that may be a problem as well, though I am working on that!

Hope others chime in with their current builds, and their thoughts on options...

Thanks!

Last edited:

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is assuming Price comes in at or around $100k and I have all my pennies saved!

Model: (S)RT / (G)TS [Wife Likes the SRT hood Better as do I]

Common Options:
[W] Color: (B)lack, (A)drenaline Red, Bright (W)hite, Race (Y)ellow [This is assuming SSG is not an option]
[-] Wheel Finish: (H)yper / (M)atte / (P)olished
[X] Wheel Type: 5-Spoke Rattler
Seat Color: (B)lack / (R)ed / (T)an

SRT Specific Options:
[-] Floor mats

GTS Specific Options:
[-] Color: (S)hadow Blue Pearl, (G)unmetal Pearl, Stryker (R)ed
[-] Hood: (S)RT / (G)TS
[-] GTS Premium Interior Package: (B)lack / Blu(E)

Packages:

[?] SRT Touring Package
[?] SRT Track Package

I want a relatively Base model ... Don't need bell's & whistle's ... Assuming I can get the 5 spokes, I'm good to go.

White on Black with SRT Hood, 5 Spokes, no stripes, just about sum's it up :)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicely put together. i havent looked at the official info release since it came out months ago, but do we know for sure if Shadow Blue and Gunmetal are GTS specific colors? Would love for those two to be options on the base car.

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice build! I think white looks great on cars with great angles and curves. The current gen M3 looks amazing in white with the carbon-fiber hood. I'm sure the Gen V will blow that away... Sounds like you are aiming for the purist build! I just double-checked the option list and you should be good to go on the 5-spokes... thanks for chiming in!

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicely put together. i havent looked at the official info release since it came out months ago, but do we know for sure if Shadow Blue and Gunmetal are GTS specific colors? Would love for those two to be options on the base car.

Oops, good catch! They are available on the SRT model... Amending template now!

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oops, good catch! They are available on the SRT model... Amending template now!

Hmmm ... Gunmetal MAY over rule white, but I'm likely still leaning towards white.

Do we have an official SRT hood picture yet? or just the one on Viper Mag?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm ... Gunmetal MAY over rule white, but I'm likely still leaning towards white.

Do we have an official SRT hood picture yet? or just the one on Viper Mag?

No official pics of the SRT hood yet.

You must be registered for see images

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My choice. GTS, Stryker Red, Track package, Black and red interior like the show car( Not ssure thats an option or standard) GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had white,black cars and trucks.Also Saphire blue and dark greens as in BRG . Look great when perfectly clean but look like krap very quickly with a little dirt and of course the dark colours are prone to those nagging fine scratches. Best color I have seen on a Viper was a repaint. Saphire Blue with more metalic and no pearl. Remember red exteriors and red interiors from the past? Godafwul! Reds turned into pinks or got a little purple as they deteriorated.GM was the worse for that happening. GTS Bruce

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed you have black and blue for the GTS upgraded interior options. I thought it was only available in black and black/red. Where did you find the info about the blue?

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed you have black and blue for the GTS upgraded interior options. I thought it was only available in black and black/red. Where did you find the info about the blue?

Ooops, that should be black or sepia... I'll update the template... Good catch!

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last Viper was an 06 Coupe GTS Blue. My garage is empty and waiting to next spring to figure my next purchase. At this point, this would be what I would order:

[G] Model: (S)RT / (G)TS

Common Options:
Color: (B)lack, (A)drenaline Red, Bright (W)hite, Race (Y)ellow, (S)hadow Blue Pearl, (G)unmetal Pearl
[P] Wheel Finish: (H)yper / (M)atte / (P)olished
Seat Color: (B)lack / (R)ed / (T)an

SRT Specific Options:
[-] Floor mats

GTS Specific Options:
Hood: (S)RT / (G)TS
[X] Wheel Type: 6-Spoke Venom
[X] 18-Speaker Harmon Kardon Audio
[-] GTS Premium Interior Package: (B)lack / (S)epia

Packages:

[??] SRT Touring Package
[-] SRT Track Package

Anyone know what the SRT touring package is?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be waiting.

Playing with the sheets, I want an SRT, but there a couple of options I want that appear to be GTS only, like the full version of the traction control, personally if I'm tracking my $100K plus car I'd like to have a track-specific traction control but SRT is just on/off. And no silver option, I want silver with black stripes & black wheels, carbon ext option, track pack of course. If I'm buying new I only want what I want & looks like at least at the start, they're not making my combo's. I'm a little disappointed but we'll see how it goes. If I can't get the perfect match I may wait to see the rendering of the vert, if it's trackable, I may opt to wait it out.

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last Viper was an 06 Coupe GTS Blue. My garage is empty and waiting to next spring to figure my next purchase. At this point, this would be what I would order:

Anyone know what the SRT touring package is?

From the Spec sheet:

SRT Touring Package – Includes interior cup holder insert, rear backup camera, and
upgraded Uconnect Media Center R4 — 8.4-in. touchscreen display, Bluetooth® phone
compatibility and streaming audio, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with SiriusXM Traffic and
SiriusXM Travel Link, HD radio tuner, full 3D graphics navigation with maps for U.S.,
Canada, Mexico and one-step voice destination entry, embedded cellular connection for
new services and downloadable applications

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be waiting.

Playing with the sheets, I want an SRT, but there a couple of options I want that appear to be GTS only, like the full version of the traction control, personally if I'm tracking my $100K plus car I'd like to have a track-specific traction control but SRT is just on/off. And no silver option, I want silver with black stripes & black wheels, carbon ext option, track pack of course. If I'm buying new I only want what I want & looks like at least at the start, they're not making my combo's. I'm a little disappointed but we'll see how it goes. If I can't get the perfect match I may wait to see the rendering of the vert, if it's trackable, I may opt to wait it out.

Yah, I hear ya, though for me the pain is around the ACR not being available right away. I highly doubt the ACR will have a different (read: wider) body, or anything beyond a slight HP bump, a little less weight, and a lot more aero... still, I wish that model was available immediately. I know if I buy the GTS, and the ACR comes out later I'd be bummed.

I hope SRT makes your combo available... I understand how much it ***** shelling out big bucks for something you aren't completely satisfied with.

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the Spec sheet:

SRT Touring Package – Includes interior cup holder insert, rear backup camera, and
upgraded Uconnect Media Center R4 — 8.4-in. touchscreen display, Bluetooth® phone
compatibility and streaming audio, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with SiriusXM Traffic and
SiriusXM Travel Link, HD radio tuner, full 3D graphics navigation with maps for U.S.,
Canada, Mexico and one-step voice destination entry, embedded cellular connection for

Then YES ... Do Want :)

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the Spec sheet:

Cool, I would add that option package.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the white Austin. I'd like to see more.

I just wish SRT would offer a pearl white...seems like it would fit the new body well.

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people just can't read.

Bill

Heh, I assume you are alluding to the mention of a cup-holder insert? I thought I saw something about how the insert allows for the use of a cup holder, but is not a cup-holder itself...

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh, I assume you are alluding to the mention of a cup-holder insert? I thought I saw something about how the insert allows for the use of a cup holder, but is not a cup-holder itself...

Nope---was actually referring to JK building a GTS and still wanting to add the SRT Touring Package to the GTS after being told it's included.

Bill