Thread: Charging for Classified Ads???

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Age
    39
    Posts
    124

    Default Charging for Classified Ads???

    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but when did it start charging $30 bucks for posting a classified ad? I was trying to put some parts for sale.

  2. #2
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    "OIHO"
    Posts
    4,962

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Quote Originally Posted by eabrillon1978 View Post
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but when did it start charging $30 bucks for posting a classified ad? I was trying to put some parts for sale.
    You must be a paid VCA member to post classified ads for free. Non VCA members are charged the $30 fee.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    You must be a paid VCA member to post classified ads for free. Non VCA members are charged the $30 fee.
    Membership has it's privilege's....................

  4. #4
    Venomiss
    Guest

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Viper Raffle tickets are also for VCA members only... VCA members renewal is now offered online too.

    www.viperclub.org/raffle

  5. #5
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    New Canaan, CT
    Posts
    2,262

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    I think it's ass backwards. Say a non-member has a $50 item for sale and it costs him $30 to sell. So he puts it on Ebay or Craigslist instead and a potential targeted sale is now lost to the VCA. Classifieds posted by non-members should be seen as a benefit to members.

    -Avi
    1997 Viper GTS

  6. #6
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Posts
    2,982

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Quote Originally Posted by AviP View Post
    I think it's ass backwards.
    Are you saying that VCA members should pay YOU $30 for the exclusive rights of getting your classified ad on here? (I do have access to Craigslist and eBay on my computer, so, I am able to see the ads elsewhere.)

    I'm OK with this club's rules. Another car enthusiast club that I belong to has the same rules for their website, so, it doesn't seem out of line to me. I do question the ROI for membership dues; but, that is a decision for each individual. The other Viper sites have classified sections. and I think that they are free, so, the benefit for advertising here is that the seller gets another location where there is a group of defined owners,

  7. #7
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    New Canaan, CT
    Posts
    2,262

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Are you saying that VCA members should pay YOU $30 for the exclusive rights of getting your classified ad on here? (I do have access to Craigslist and eBay on my computer, so, I am able to see the ads elsewhere.)
    Of course not! But ever since the new rules, a lot of stuff doesn't make sense.

    Just a few weeks back, I performed a fix on my hatch glass and tried to post the details but seemed limited because I'm not a member anymore. So, to "help" other Viper owners, I must now "pay". That's what I mean by ass backwards. I still persisted and emailed the photos to someone else who could post them.

    I don't care about being labeled an "Enthusiast" after 15+ years of Viper ownership, 10+ years of VCA membership and 2000+ posts. But whoever is creating these rules, is forgetting the power of the internet lies in the sharing of information, not pay to play.

    Back on current topic, those parts that "eabrillon1978" wanted to post in the classifieds might be what somebody here's been looking for. Even Ebay has stopped charging initial value fees! They are for-profit. Think about it.

    -Avi
    1997 Viper GTS

  8. #8
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    2,251

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Quote Originally Posted by AviP View Post

    I don't care about being labeled an "Enthusiast" after 15+ years of Viper ownership, 10+ years of VCA membership and 2000+ posts. But whoever is creating these rules, is forgetting the power of the internet lies in the sharing of information, not pay to play.

    1997 Viper GTS
    I agree and that's why the "other" site is getting more and more popular

  9. #9

    Has Left the Room!

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mannny View Post
    Membership has it's privilege's....................
    You'll have to remind me..all I see is spam postings from National every 8 hrs or so.

  10. #10
    VCA Forum Staff
    Guest

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    The $30 fee for classified ads, for non-members, has been in place for some time now, probably over five years now. The VCA Classifieds sees many, many visits by member and non-member alike, excellent exposure for classifieds. Most believe the fee is worth it. However, it does not mean that the fee policy cannot change. Perhaps a member would like to submit a "Classifieds Fee Change" suggestion in the VCA Suggestion Box so it can be discussed and taken into consideration.

    Sincerely,
    VCA Forum Staff

  11. #11
    VCA Forum Staff
    Guest

    Default Re: Charging for Classified Ads???

    Quote Originally Posted by AviP View Post
    Just a few weeks back, I performed a fix on my hatch glass and tried to post the details but seemed limited because I'm not a member anymore. So, to "help" other Viper owners, I must now "pay". That's what I mean by ass backwards. I still persisted and emailed the photos to someone else who could post them.

    -Avi
    1997 Viper GTS
    Even with "Enthusiast" status, you can post How To threads for your fellow Viper owners if you choose to. No need to pay a membership fee in order to post a how to thread on the forums. If you need help posting the thread, contact us and we'll guide you through it.

    Sincerely,
    VCA Forum Staff

Similar Threads

  1. A/C Charging Procedure?
    By Ag's'95 in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 09:16 PM
  2. A/C charging question.
    By Qualitywires.com in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 11:16 AM
  3. Battery Charging
    By Mopar488 in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:47 PM
  4. RT/10 Charging System
    By COILD in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:18 AM
  5. Need help with charging problem
    By OLXRAM in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 09:36 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts