Charging for Classified Ads???

Status
Not open for further replies.

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but when did it start charging $30 bucks for posting a classified ad? I was trying to put some parts for sale.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but when did it start charging $30 bucks for posting a classified ad? I was trying to put some parts for sale.

You must be a paid VCA member to post classified ads for free. Non VCA members are charged the $30 fee.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's ass backwards. Say a non-member has a $50 item for sale and it costs him $30 to sell. So he puts it on Ebay or Craigslist instead and a potential targeted sale is now lost to the VCA. Classifieds posted by non-members should be seen as a benefit to members.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's ass backwards.
Are you saying that VCA members should pay YOU $30 for the exclusive rights of getting your classified ad on here? (I do have access to Craigslist and eBay on my computer, so, I am able to see the ads elsewhere.)

I'm OK with this club's rules. Another car enthusiast club that I belong to has the same rules for their website, so, it doesn't seem out of line to me. I do question the ROI for membership dues; but, that is a decision for each individual. The other Viper sites have classified sections. and I think that they are free, so, the benefit for advertising here is that the seller gets another location where there is a group of defined owners,

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you saying that VCA members should pay YOU $30 for the exclusive rights of getting your classified ad on here? (I do have access to Craigslist and eBay on my computer, so, I am able to see the ads elsewhere.)
Of course not! But ever since the new rules, a lot of stuff doesn't make sense.

Just a few weeks back, I performed a fix on my hatch glass and tried to post the details but seemed limited because I'm not a member anymore. So, to "help" other Viper owners, I must now "pay". That's what I mean by ass backwards. I still persisted and emailed the photos to someone else who could post them.

I don't care about being labeled an "Enthusiast" after 15+ years of Viper ownership, 10+ years of VCA membership and 2000+ posts. But whoever is creating these rules, is forgetting the power of the internet lies in the sharing of information, not pay to play.

Back on current topic, those parts that "eabrillon1978" wanted to post in the classifieds might be what somebody here's been looking for. Even Ebay has stopped charging initial value fees! They are for-profit. Think about it.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care about being labeled an "Enthusiast" after 15+ years of Viper ownership, 10+ years of VCA membership and 2000+ posts. But whoever is creating these rules, is forgetting the power of the internet lies in the sharing of information, not pay to play.

1997 Viper GTS

I agree and that's why the "other" site is getting more and more popular

V

VCA Forum Staff

The $30 fee for classified ads, for non-members, has been in place for some time now, probably over five years now. The VCA Classifieds sees many, many visits by member and non-member alike, excellent exposure for classifieds. Most believe the fee is worth it. However, it does not mean that the fee policy cannot change. Perhaps a member would like to submit a "Classifieds Fee Change" suggestion in the VCA Suggestion Box so it can be discussed and taken into consideration.

Sincerely,
VCA Forum Staff

V

VCA Forum Staff

Just a few weeks back, I performed a fix on my hatch glass and tried to post the details but seemed limited because I'm not a member anymore. So, to "help" other Viper owners, I must now "pay". That's what I mean by ass backwards. I still persisted and emailed the photos to someone else who could post them.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

Even with "Enthusiast" status, you can post How To threads for your fellow Viper owners if you choose to. No need to pay a membership fee in order to post a how to thread on the forums. If you need help posting the thread, contact us and we'll guide you through it.

Sincerely,
VCA Forum Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.