Carbon Fiber Bezels....Anyone with 'colored' carbon fiber----

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I get 'pile-drived'....yes, I did a search...... Go easy on me, it's damn near 100 F here in Texas!!

In the process of having my Gen III's radio and center console bezels 'hydro-dipped.' Thinking about Red & Black Carbon fiber for my Viper Red '03. Anyone have a picture or can share what they've done carbon fiber wise on their bezels? Body-colored Carbon Fiber in particular.

As you know, it's a little Darth Vaderish with the Gen III interiors, so thought maybe red / black CF vs. the usual gray/black.

Let's see some pictures of what you got---Come on I know you all LOVE to show off those interiors anyway......Let's see them.

Lastly, I've heard the Gen III bezels are a little different (window switches less recessed) than than the Gen IVs, so decided to go with the custom hydro-dip for my '03 vs. the CF offered via Viper Parts of America.......

Thanks all.

greg

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I remembered that aloushi had a thread where he showed 2 samples side by side...
one regular cf black/grey and the other was a cf black/bronze color. :2tu: It looked real nice in my opinion but when I looked it up, the pics are missing now.
So I got the samples today and I gotta tell you guys I'm very impressed, to be honest they're actually better than what I expected!! I believe the one the left is the one that OP has and the one on the right is the gold one we've been mentioning, as you can see the gold one imo really does look like real cf but you guys be the judge, either way they both look dam good and the finish feels and appears to be very durable!!! I'm sold!!!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Click the little arrow next to his name to see the thread.
Maybe you can ask aloushi to email you the pics or post them here. :dunno:

Mike

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I remembered that aloushi had a thread where he showed 2 samples side by side...
one regular cf black/grey and the other was a cf black/bronze color. :2tu: It looked real nice in my opinion but when I looked it up, the pics are missing now.

Click the little arrow next to his name to see the thread.
Maybe you can ask aloushi to email you the pics or post them here. :dunno:

Mike

Thanks!! I'm hoping he'll (Aloushi) repost...If not, I'll hit him up.....................

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, took forever, but had the OEMs hydro-dipped and went with black/grey carbon fiber.....Came out awesome and a much needed upgrade to my Gen III's all black interior.....

You must be registered for see images attach

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks real nice! :2tu:
It looks very shiny and smooth like ... do they give it real thick clear coat when they're done to make it durable?

p.s. that's a pretty short shifter in that pic :lmao2:
sorry - had to. :D
Mike

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TTorred, Definitely Adds a Nice Touch to it! Just noticed (shifter) but it does look short (BUT it does have quite a bit of Girth to it, sorry I had to).

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both VYPR BYT 94 and mattdillon--you're both killin' me on the shifter:) It's not about the depth/length/girth as much as the motion in the ocean. Haha! The long-shaft has gone viral on us....amazing how many think it is for real. Makes it even more hilarious.

Thanks for the compliments on the bezels. Yes, they put a nice thick coat of clear on it, and they seem really durable. Really adds to all-black interior of my Gen III. I got the bezels used (from Don Scharf Automotive) and had them hydro-dipped here locally. Came out pretty nice.

I've really had a master-debate here lately on shortening my shifter, but think performance-wise, it is the right thing to do on down the road. (Probably mgw short shifter).

Have a great and safe weekend.

greg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4