GTS-R is set for first action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here they are! :drive:

"New Street and Racing Technology (SRT) Motorsports team will debut two identical 2013 SRT Viper GTS-Rs in the production-based GT class of the American Le Mans Series on Aug. 4 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

SRT Motorsports, which partnered with Riley Technologies, based in Mooresville, N.C., on the design-and-build process of the new SRT Viper GTS-R race cars, will compete in the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge, a three-hour American Le Mans Series (ALMS) endurance race presented by Tequila Patron.
Three full-time drivers currently are signed to drive including Dominik Farnbacher, from Ansbach, Germany; Marc Goossens from Geel, Belgium; and Kuno Wittmer from Montreal. Ryan Hunter-Reay from Dallas will join the team for the longer endurance races. Additional driver and team announcements will be forthcoming.

Two identical SRT Viper GTS-R cars will compete in the production-based GT class in the series. The GT class consists of production-based, moderately modified two-wheel-drive race cars. The SRT Viper GTS-R cars will be competing against the Aston Martin Vantage, BMW M3 GT, Corvette C6.R, Ferrari F458 Italia, Lotus Evora and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. The GT class cars share many styling similarities to their showroom brands and by series’ rules must have a minimum weight of 2,745 pounds. The cars produce between 450-500 horsepower with top speeds of up to 180 mph.
Following the limited schedule this season, the SRT Motorsports team will compete full time in the series in 2013."

You must be registered for see images attach

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Television Broadcast:
8/04/2012 at 2:00 pm EDT on ABCLive Streaming:
8/04/2012 at 12:45 pm EDT Live Qualifying:
8/03/2012 at 1:35 pm EDT on ESPN 3

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna cancel my plans for that weekend and take my camera to mid-ohio! :idea:
I'm willing to bet my 11yr old son will insist on coming as well. :yay:

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what the 2013 Viper should have looked like. That white GTS-R is awesome!! Can't wait to see the road legal ACR.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sick video. I cant wait for the race. Here's to hoping for a trouble free debut. A podium finish would be epic but probably too early in its development for that.....maybe.

On another note I cant help but thing those stripes and paint scheme would look better on the regular coupe than the usual stripes. I love they way the two wide stripes on the hood disappears into the heat extractors. Would like to see how a normal coupe looks with the roof and hood painted like these two GTSR's.

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blank check is ready - SRT please make it happen for us.

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must admit, I'm pretty disappointed with the scheme. I was really hoping for a red / white like the Oreca GTS-R's of old. That and the fact that yellow looks exactly the same as the old Corvette C5R's. Oh well, the car itself still looks stunning.

Austin, how clever are you with those renders, any chance you could attempt a red / white GTS-R from one of the all white stills?

Cheers.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can read your posts. Why do you feel the need to make every post bold and size 10?

It's easier for me to read. :)

I thought people in Texas liked big things.

See... from my Route 66 trip last year, I stopped at the Big Texan Steakhouse for some take-out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey. Don't have a cow man! :rolaugh:

Sorry. I had to post that. It cracked me up! :lmao:

Austin

Randall is getting older. He needs big lettering. :rolaugh: Really though, does it matter in the end if he likes stuff posted in supersize? It's just his thing....

On the subject of the OP, sweeeeeeet!! :yay::nana:

Way to go SRT!!! :2tu:

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can read your posts. Why do you feel the need to make every post bold and size 10?

Because he has payed his membership and puts his time and effort as a President and Director to make things like this site and events for guys like your sorry ars to make stupid comments about. If you don't have something constructive to say on this site Austin (bet you loved that name in school), then don't. Sitting there bashing Members on a members site is sad pal. Especialy when were the ones payin for it right now. ...I know...I know...your giong to say how you've been a member before and put more time and effort into this than i have until now. Well If time and effort is what it takes to be a member here than non of us should pay to be a member. Just wait it out and chatt on here for a few years as an enthusiast and own this site right? If I lived in a rental home for 10 years than I own it right. Ive been there long enough so why not. How long would this site last if it wasnt for the sponsors and Presidents and directors that are "currently", i said " currently" putting their time and efforts into the VCA to keep it running,ie, this site,events,parts etc. For what,? So people like you can bash them and make stupid remarks so as to make members who support"currently" not 2 years ago or 5 years ago....today now 2012 members who have paid to keep this VCA alive "CURRENTLY" I say that because of the unformentioned view I made earlier. Its all nice when people make good comments about how well you photo shop pics of the vipers and so on. Its ok and acceptable by you when that happens right?. Your views are to be appreciated and announced, as an enthusiast, but, a members, a Presidents, a directors, a paid members which I may add I bet he puts alot more time,effort and money into the VCA than you are "currently", probably means nothing to you.
I have only been a member for half a year now and been on this site every day for 6 months reading and watching. All I see from you is bashing and negativity unless its gone your way or in your frame of mind. No ones opinions counts unless their your own.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee and stop being a know it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper