Proud New Owner!

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I finally did it. I got my paws on my dream car. We (wife deserves huge props for all the searches and digs) found a great car in Florida. We have been searching a bit and I am sure somebody from the forum may have spoken to me in the course of the search. A great friend and tech went up with me to take a close look at a 2002 Viper. As you all can see... we liked what we found! I purchased it yesterday and drove it down. To make a long story short, we jumped in a rental, drove up to Jacksonville from Miami (350 miles) to take a look. We liked what we saw and I bought it. Drove it down the same day. Total time... 18 hours and 700 miles... was tired... but it was well worth it!

This morning I shot a few pics with a phone as I was heading out to work. You can expect more in the coming days... but, for now... what I have... a gorgeous 2002 with some bugs and a dirty windshield.

I took some video of the drive back in the car... but I have to download and edit... be ready to see a stupid, ear-to-ear, smile on my face!

You must be registered for see images attach

T26

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Great looking car. Your face will hurt from all of the smiling. :D

tlcobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the 2 nd day looking in the garage and saying i have a Viper.
Congratulations. Nice car

CRUIZER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Other than the 1996 ... I think the 2002"s are one of the best years of gen 2. Looks like a nice clean Viper! Congrats

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the find. Great color combo (but I'm biased). Enjoy the beast!

OP
OP
L

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am really pleased.

I loved the GTS so I am real happy to have found this one.

Congrats on the car, and welcome to our world! I'm assuming the stripes are factory, and, if so, that's an FE, and you might want to register on the FE Sight at: www.feviper.com

Yes everything is factory... and yes, this is a FE. #298 I'll go and check out the site. My wife had mentioned something about that. She came across a registry of some sort. Likely the same one...

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suuweeeet! A happy wife is a happy life. My wife green lighted our search last year too and scoured the classifieds as much as I did. Welcome to our world!:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone... Again...

Joined the club as well over the weekend. Look forward to meeting some fellow owners!

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the FE's pull a premium? If so , how much more for an FE than a regular version GTS? ---

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the FE's pull a premium? If so , how much more for an FE than a regular version GTS? ---

Yes it probably adds $6-8k... but there were 360 of them made so there always seems to be at least a couple on the market. The big kahuna is the FE ACR which there are only 34 of the 360.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW thats a lot of extra coin!!!

Considering there is only 144 (108 without stripes) Red 2001 GTS's .... 360 red/white with a plaque doesnt seem that rare.

Neat though, I love it when the cars are numbered like that!!! ---