Snake pit mike long island

brukowski85

Viper Owner
Reaction score
worst experience ever ..i brought my gen 1 viper to him to get fixed..ordered a used engine from one of our viper venders and wanted mike to check out the engine and put it into the car..he explained to me he wants to see the cart first before we do anything so i got it towed there..after going thou with him i ordered the engine this took a few weeks and he took out my old one.when he got the new engine he said let me take it apart to check it out.keep in ming i got the engine from a vender that is well know in the vca and ensured me he engine came out of a running car that he has drove.this is where it gets bad mike takes apart the engine tells me the price for everything and wants to do a complete rebuild..i explain to him that i dont have the funds for all that right now but i would like to pay for the work he did so far and get my car back.he tells me for me to get it back i need to pay him not only what i told him but he wanted to charge me storage fees from day one which came out too close to $1000..and on the engine he took apart because he didnt do some necessary things i had to get the engine to the machine shop.when we could have just dropped in this engine and had a running car..will NEVER do business with him again and encourage for no one else to do also..

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes charging you $1000 to remove and install an engine ?

worst experience ever ..i brought my gen 1 viper to him to get fixed..ordered a used engine from one of our viper venders and wanted mike to check out the engine and put it into the car..he explained to me he wants to see the cart first before we do anything so i got it towed there..after going thou with him i ordered the engine this took a few weeks and he took out my old one.when he got the new engine he said let me take it apart to check it out.keep in ming i got the engine from a vender that is well know in the vca and ensured me he engine came out of a running car that he has drove.this is where it gets bad mike takes apart the engine tells me the price for everything and wants to do a complete rebuild..i explain to him that i dont have the funds for all that right now but i would like to pay for the work he did so far and get my car back.he tells me for me to get it back i need to pay him not only what i told him but he wanted to charge me storage fees from day one which came out too close to $1000..and on the engine he took apart because he didnt do some necessary things i had to get the engine to the machine shop.when we could have just dropped in this engine and had a running car..will NEVER do business with him again and encourage for no one else to do also..

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just trying to read through your post, it certainly does sound like it could be a basic communication problem.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will ask Mike to write his side down since he service most of the Long Island guys and everyone have been happy with him.....I will post his response tomorrow. If it become where its personal attacks going back and forwards I will asked that the post be closed....Thank you

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike from SnakePit asked me to post this on his behalf:

Adrian,

This is the story....i recieved a call about checking an engine noise in a 1994 viper. A few weeks later a 2nd call about the price to fix an engine knock. I explained that i needed to check it and find out what kind of damage there was to give an estimate. The car was towed into the shop in june with a trunk full of parts. The oil pan was removed by someone else(shop?). We put the car on a lift and found a broken connecting rod and the pan was full of metal. I advised bruno of the damage and found a complete engine through Todd at Arrow. Off hand i don't recall the price. Bruno took a few weeks to decide and then found a used motor in the VCA classifieds. He told me he already paid and it was being delivered. It was not from a vendor it was a fellow viper owner who i had spoken to previously about this motor.

Three weeks later the motor arrived and I said we really should pull a few bearings to check the condition. Bruno agreed. Upon disassembly we found worn bearings and light score marks on the crank. It also had old composite head gaskets. I priced the overhaul and he was to give me parts/machine shop costs upfront. From then until sept there was a wide variety of excuses as to why he hadn't come in with money. Finally on 9/9/11 he came in with $700.00. He was to return on 9/13/11 with the balance. I did not hear from him until 9/16/11 and he informs me he cant afford the job. So we sit down with the bill and he refuses to pay the bill.....

The bill is as follows....$700.00 for removal of blown motor, $400.00 for disassembly and inspection of motors and $800.00 for storage of car for 4 months, which would be refunded if he returned within 6 months. I'm sorry he can not understand these charges. I have to pay for my bldg. and if i let people leave cars here for months and don't charge any storage fees i would not stay in business.

Mike Figlozzi
SNAKE PIT PERFORMANCE
110 B Field StreetWest Babylon,N.Y. 11704
(631)845-8199 SHOP(631)845-8109 FAX

OP
OP
B

brukowski85

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the car was there for 4 months because i told mike to get to it when he can and he was busy so i didnt rush him...i didnt refuse to pay the bill just the storage fees because he put me into a corner saying that if i did the job no fees but since i can't affored it i have to pay fees..reasonable that once i found out how much the total was i wanted to pay him parts labor and get the car out.The first 2 months he never looked at the car the 3rd we ordered the engine when he finally looked at mine and the fourth he finally gave me a total price i took a week to try to get the money than told him im sry how much i owe you..i got the engine from a great vender here 99 R/T 10..after all that i took the car to chuck he fixed it i payed chuck right away and no storage fees..snake pit needs a vender review not saying that he's a bad tech but i do feel like i was taken advantage off cuz i was new to this car first time bringing it to a viper tech..i wasnt in the vca at the time but i bet if it was one of his vca members that he know he wouldnt have charged storage of 4 months when i only knew the total price for about a week or a week and a half

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike from SnakePit: Final Post

Bruno, no the car was on a lift within 1/2 hour of it getting off flatbed and no it "DID NOT" take more than a day or two to get you a price. The engine you purchased WAS NOT AND I REPEAT WAS NOT from a VENDOR ......Anyone in business will agree you cannot please everyone!!! and whether you were a member or not the price was the same. Bruno, I really mean this; I'm really glad you got the car running and that you found a viper tech you are comfortable with. I think this online argueing is pointless......we are adults, and I will not respond to anymore of this. I wish you nothing but the best with your car and hope you enjoy the rest of the season and drive safe.

Mike Figlozzi
SNAKE PIT PERFORMANCE
110 B Field Street
West Babylon,N.Y. 11704
(631)845-8199 SHOP
(631)845-8109 FAX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper