Ralph and the Gen V visit a Cancer patient in Texas

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The South Central Texas Viper Club teamed with The SRT Group and the "Your Ride is Here" Foundation to give Freddy (a 17 year old Cancer patient and Viper lover) the ride of a lifetime in the 2013 Gen V Viper! Ralph was there and couldn't have been more gracious!!! The logistics required to bring the car to Texas for just a few hours so that Freddy could see it and be given at ride in it with Ralph at the wheel is way above and beyond! It was an amazing day for him and his family and the Gen V "in person" is INCREDIBLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz7Dgwl26yM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-kEOR47OWc

You must be registered for see images attach

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they didn't want to make a big publicity splash with it either, which speaks to the total class of the SRT team.
Best wishes to Freddy and kudos to everyone involved.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks even better without the artificial lighting and background. AWESOME!
Kudos to the team and group for making the event and thanks for sharing the pics. :)
best wishes

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor kid looks like he's been to hell and back...it's very cool that they could do something like this for someone that has clearly been through the wringer.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That visit probably encouraged that young man more than any of us will realize. Thank you Ralph and SRT for your time and resources to make Freddy's day.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, doing the right thing, outstanding :1up: Great effort Well done guys

CEJ is right, doing things like this make a massive impression and inspire people on ;)

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received this a few minutes ago from our president. Very sad, please keep his family in your prayers. Again, thanks to Ralph, Ben and SRT for making his dream true. And special thanks to Melissa for bring us Freddy's story.

I am saddened to inform you today that Freddy Zamora passed away this morning at 3:00AM. He was a great young man, each time we met him and his family his spirits were high and a smile on his face. For everyone who was able to participate in making Freddy's Viper dream a reality I thank you once again. Please keep Freddy and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Here is a link to his online journal: Freddy's site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/freddyzamora

Thank you,

Kurt Robinson (TexasTonka)
President, South Central Texas VCA
www.CentralTexasVCA.com

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big thanks to Ralph and SRT, but let's not forget the guy who told SRT about this, JasonTiff.

Edit: just heard the news. RIP Freddie. Prayers sent.

OP
OP
C

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad news. He was an outstanding young man. God bless him and his family. Perspective indeed...

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very sad. I'm sure Ralph and the SRT guys gave him some very happy moments near the end and that's really commendable. Life is short and not always fair, let's all enjoy the time we have as neither of us know how much of it we have left. RIP Freddy Zamora.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to JasonTiff for setting this up and making Freddy's day a little bit brighter.

RIP Freddy.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story and I love to see people come together to make a sick kids dream come true. I deeply saddened to hear about the child passing. What a horrible thing to happen to such a young person. I hope the Viper experience he had will always make him smile up there!