Making your paint look like glass !

OP
OP
I

Iceman1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Giggle !! :lmao:
I gotta say im not sure i ever heard the term a Better endorsement along with the word Junkman in the same sentence ! I guess maybe i have been in too many Idiot stores lately !:dunno:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glazes are great for filling swirls and hiding any imperfections, but they are not a cure to the problem. You want to correct the damage and maintain quality paint.

Iceman1 is correct in saying the swirls are caused by the towels. Any contact with your paint will cause swirling. One of the most important processes is washing. The least amount of contact, the less swirls you will have.

Test your towels out on a crappy CD. If they scratch the CD, they will scratch your paint. I use the Adam's Single Soft and Double Soft towels because they remove the polish and wax properly and do not scratch.

Adam's is a little more expensive than other brands, but all of the products are hand made in the USA. Also, they all work exceptionally well and last a long time. You use a lot less of his product than you do others.

I am the Phila Dealer for Adam's and carry the full line. I offer a 10% discount on our site:

www.thompsonracing.us > Shop Online.

If you need help, email me:

[email protected]

I supply dealers across the country, so if you are looking to purchase wholesale, email me.

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No problem ,
im open to new things and may give the Zaino a try as Agent suggested . It doesnt cost much to try any of it but i just know what has got the best results so far for me as ive wasted a boat load on stuff that hasnt . However Ill probably stay with the #7 and showtime if it isnt broke dont fix it ! Just too many compliments on a 15 yr old stock paint job to change right now !

Be safe ot there !:drive:

Zaino can be tricky to work with sometimes. I use to use it on everything for 10 years. I just got tired of the "candy" look and prefer Carnauba for a last stage product. If you do use Zaino, make sure you polish the paint first to remove any wax, then wipe down with 15-20% Isopropyl Alcohol. This way you don't get smears when you apply the Zaino. After it cures for 24 hours, you can also top Zaino with a couple coats of your favorite Carnauba to give it a better look. Most people do this to get the best of both worlds: the longevity of a sealant with the look of Carnauba. Klasse is another very popular sealant that show car guys use under their wax. Just whatever you do, DO NOT apply a sealant over a wax or any product that has oil..i.e. glazes

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets