Want 18" Forgestars? Group purchase and PATIENCE required.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

19x10 and 19x12, Brushed Titanium shown

19x10 and 19x12, Brushed Titanium shown

19x10 and 20x12, Matte Black shown

We recently posted the 19" and 20" Forgestar F14 wheels that hit the market a few weeks ago. These wheels are rotary forged, very lightweight wheels. They weigh about the same as a 3-piece forged wheel of the same size. The wheels are currently available in the following sizes in 6-lug Viper fitment:

19x10 front
19x12 rear
20x12 rear

I understand that many of you would prefer 18x10 front wheels. In order to get this done, the manufacturer requires at least 20 sets of wheels pre-ordered. These cores will require a brand new casting to be built, which is a large up-front cost for them. They want commitment, because only the Viper can use that 6-lug 18x10 wheel, period. Once the initial 20 sets are ordered, they will then become an easier part # to order later on. This *might* also open up the opportunity to offer 18x12 rear wheels, too. No guarantees on that, let's just get the front wheels figured out first.

If you would like 18x10 and 19x12 sets for your Viper, we need to get organized. Your patience WILL be tested, these are not going to happen in 1 month. The cores are manufactured overseas at an OEM wheel manufacturing facility. Figure it will take 3-4 months, if you guys can fill the 20 order minimum soon.

Pricing on the 18x10 and 19x12 set will be $1500 set plus shipping.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

10% deposit if $150 via Paypal or check, to get your name on the 20 build list. This is to prove your commitment. This deposit will only be refunded if we do not get 20 orders by a specific date. I'll consider Monday October 15, 2012 as the official expiration date. If we do not get 20 interested parties in 2 months time, then we will cancel this process, and you will get a full refund.

Once we have a minimum of 20 orders placed, you will be asked for the remainder of the payment up front. This balance will be $1350 + your shipping cost. Most shipping in the Continental US is approx $120/set. We will also be able to ship these wheels out of the USA, even overseas.

Once the 20 orders have been paid in full, the build process begins. This could take about 1 month in design and machining for the casting. Then another month in production. Then another month to ship from overseas. Figure 3-4 months from the time the orders are placed. We will NOT guarantee a delivery time, as we do not have control over this. You will eventually get your wheels, and we will try our best to expedite them. As I mentioned before, you will have to remain patient. They are creating a product that does not currently exist, just for our Vipers.

Once the 20 orders have been paid in full, and that build process has begun, there will be no refunds. Customers will have the option to sell their place in line to other members, however. Consider that investment locked in. The only way there will be a refund issued is if Forgestar is unable to produce the wheels.

Also, please keep in mind that these wheels are entry level priced, but high quality for their price. But, at this price point, the profit isn't big for us. This sort of group purchase requires a lot of maintenance and extra work, above and beyond what we normally do to sell a set of wheels. We'd like to see 18s hit the market, as we know these wheels are the best in the industry in terms of pricing, light weight, custom fitments.

The line forms here. Your name will be added once deposit is received.

Last Name, First Name, Screen Name, Desired sizes, Desired finish

Thanks,
Tony Whatley
Deviate Motoring, LLC

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious as to why the width on the rear wheels is only 12" instead of 13"??

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious as to why the width on the rear wheels is only 12" instead of 13"??

12.0 is the widest they can build. For popular tires like the Nitto Invo 345 tire, they actually recommend 12.0 wheels. http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/invo#size

Pics of my blue Viper above have a Nitto Invo 345/35-19 tire on a 19x12.0 wheel, so you can see how it fits.

Thanks
Tony

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, what finish options are available at this price? Do we PM you for the Paypal address if we are interested? I'm considering a set for the ACR, do you have a recommendation on finish? Not sure if I want black since it will be similar to the stock wheels. Thanks-

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric, on the 18/19 sets, we'll offer them in 2 standard finishes to begin with. Matte Black (shown on black Viper) or Brushed Titanium (shown on my Viper).

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Been almost a week and the list of names hasn't grown at all. I can't make this happen without YOUR participation. Nobody likes lightweight rotary forged wheels that are custom made for a Viper that cost less than $2K a set?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone photochop the titanium ones onto my car? Thanks!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will a 345 sport cup fit correctly on the 12 inch rim as opposed to 13? What about the 285 in the front?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will a 345 sport cup fit correctly on the 12 inch rim as opposed to 13? What about the 285 in the front?

Michelin actually recommends a 12.0 rear wheel for the Pilot Sport Cup. They give a 11.5 to 12.5 wheel range as recommended, so 12.0 is perfect. Front 285 wide are perfect for 10.0 width. Honestly, the Viper 13.0 wheels are too wide for most 345 tires, ever notice how the wheel lip sticks out past the tire sidewall on OEM wheels? Overstretched. This does help pre-load the sidewall though, for a more responsive cornering feel. I prefer vertical sidewalls, not stretched ones.

Michelin Specs: http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sel...t/pilot-sport-cup/tire-details#techspec_table

Tony

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michelin actually recommends a 12.0 rear wheel for the Pilot Sport Cup. They give a 11.5 to 12.5 wheel range as recommended, so 12.0 is perfect. Front 285 wide are perfect for 10.0 width. Honestly, the Viper 13.0 wheels are too wide for most 345 tires, ever notice how the wheel lip sticks out past the tire sidewall on OEM wheels? Overstretched. This does help pre-load the sidewall though, for a more responsive cornering feel. I prefer vertical sidewalls, not stretched ones.

Michelin Specs: http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sel...t/pilot-sport-cup/tire-details#techspec_table

Tony

Exactly right Tony...people really get hung up on keeping the 13" cause it fits the car. No one seems to care that a 345 isn't wide enough! lol

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt Hank. We need at least 355 wide tires to use a 13.0 wheel properly. I wonder if Dodge is gonna ***** things up again and put 14.0 wheels on the upcoming 355 tire Gen 5?

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, put me down for a set of 18/19. I want the brushed #22 Ti please.

shoot me your paypal address so I can get my deposit in.
If it happens I'll get Kris to pick them up for me.

Scott Bennett

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious if the stock Viper center caps fit on these wheels? I love these wheels, and I too would go 18/19 if I did. Price is certainly good!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock centercaps will not fit.

No deposits received, I don't see 20 sets happening. The 19/19 combo looks too damn good, and it is readily available. Had a couple guys asking for 18/19 just buy the 19s.