Captured Video of the Gen V Viper Today

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The latest car and driver said they would be testing the new Viper...so hopefully we'll see it in the October or November issue. I believe we'll see numbers consistent with pre production estimates of 0-60 in 3.4/3.5 and 1/4 mi. in 11.4/11.5 at 128/129 mph. With a 49/51 distribution weight we will not get the benefit of rear biased weight which always improves the times or an auto manual transmission which shifts quicker than you or I. The new Viper is almost identical to the ZR1 in terms of specs which produces times in line with the estimates for the 2013 Viper.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The latest car and driver said they would be testing the new Viper...so hopefully we'll see it in the October or November issue. I believe we'll see numbers consistent with pre production estimates of 0-60 in 3.4/3.5 and 1/4 mi. in 11.4/11.5 at 128/129 mph. With a 49/51 distribution weight we will not get the benefit of rear biased weight which always improves the times or an auto manual transmission which shifts quicker than you or I. The new Viper is almost identical to the ZR1 in terms of specs which produces times in line with the estimates for the 2013 Viper.

So essentially the numbers will largely be the same as a Gen IV viper...

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think the 0-60 times will just about be the same; however the 1/4 times should be considerably better. My (SRTs) estimates are based on what we can expect to see in the magazines. I've haven't seen any of the major rags test the gen IV at anything above 123 mph +/-.There will be skilled individuals who will beat the estimated 1/4 mile times. Of course, the numbers change depending on max speed in first gear etc..on down the line.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. 40 more horses, 100+ lbs lighter in weight and better gearing and the numbers will about the same as a Gen IV? How could anyone be ok with that? I have a feeling the performance numbers from C&D testing will disappoint unless the car is underated at 640hp which would be in keeping with Viper history.

OP
OP
P

palindrome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently at the Woodward Dream Cruise and the same viper is here again. Here is a pic of the ride height. I have more. I'd say it is 1 3/4 - 2 inch gap.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The usual my friend, underated then the numbers and performance speaks for themselves ;) I love that beast

OP
OP
P

palindrome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else think this will be the production ride height as seen in the pics above?

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the great post. We're all waiting to see it in person for ourselves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456