hesitation has triggered check engine--help

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
been hesitating lately when it was cold, it hesitated bad today, and when I tried to rev it alittle, which ususally helps I got a check engine light, any ideas??breather? bad gas?I have no clue, I disconnected the battery to try and reset but what could the cause be from?? any ideas??:omg:

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how the hell would the cat get clogged allready,I dont baby it,but I dont beat on her either, dont have a reader but i think pep boys would do it for you

BLK04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
turn the key to the on position 3 times within 5 seconds ending in the on position & the odometer will give you the engine codes..no need for a scan tool

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how the hell would the cat get clogged allready,I dont baby it,but I dont beat on her either, dont have a reader but i think pep boys would do it for you

Gen III clogged cat issues are relatively common. 4k miles would generally be a bit early for clogged cats though.

Code reader is a good investment, especially if you have multiple vehicles. You can get a quality Actron or Innova code reader for $30+. I've been happy with my Actron CP9580. You can get them at Advance Auto for about $150 if you use Advance Auto coupon codes (tip: buy online, and pick up in store). In addition to reading and clearing codes, the CP9580 also records and plays back live engine data, displays live real time data, graphs live data, reads and clears ABS codes, has detailed code info, etc etc.

If you have a PC or Android phone you can use, ScanTool.net has really cool solutions. I'm planning to buy their OBDLink MX scan tool. It's supposedly theworld’s smallest and fastest OBD adapter, uses Bluetooth, can be left plugged in 24/7, and interfaces with cool software like Torque Pro, ScanXL, DashCommand, etc. I'll probably put a 7" Google Nexus 7 Android tablet in my Viper, with a floor mount or other stable mount, so I can see data like this ...
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GOT THE CODE!!!!!!! alright all you techno geeks what does this code mean???? P0152 ? Got it right off the speedo like BLK04 said, hoping its an o2 sensor because it only happens cold and as it warms up,once im hot she goes good. maybe I could get lucky with a loose wire?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOT THE CODE!!!!!!! alright all you techno geeks what does this code mean???? P0152 ? Got it right off the speedo like BLK04 said, hoping its an o2 sensor because it only happens cold and as it warms up,once im hot she goes good. maybe I could get lucky with a loose wire?
[h=3]OBD II Code P0152[/h][h=2]Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2, Sensor 1)[/h]

• OBD II P0152
Fault Code Definition
The purpose of code P0152 is to track the amount of time that the Oxygen Sensor or Air Fuel Ratio Sensor takes to go from indicating that the fuel control system is in open loop to rapidly switching above and below the 450-millivolt set point, thus indicating that the fuel control system is in closed loop. P0152 is set when there is a sustained high voltage signal from the Oxygen Sensor for a specified amount of time.

Symptoms
  • Check Engine Light will illuminate
  • In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
  • In many cases, the emissions will be elevated
Common Problems That Trigger the P0152 Code
  • Defective Oxygen Sensor
  • Faulty Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections
  • Shorted Oxygen Sensor Heater element(s)
Common Misdiagnoses
  • Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the problem is faulty Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections
  • Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the problem is an over-reporting Mass Air Flow Sensor

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456