hesitation has triggered check engine--help

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
car was hesitating bad today when it was cold, reved it a little which ususally clears it up, but this time the check engine light came on, any ideas? plugged breather,bad gas??I dont know where to start:omg:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you were driving it and it was hesitating, or idling? What Gen car do you have? Stock? Do you have a code reader? What codes did it throw? Is the battery good? So the car was running good when you parked it? How cold is it?

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
starts great, pull out of the driveway , mostly 2nd gear 2-3000 RPM, she starts to Hesitate/buck, so i give it a little rev and that usually would take care of it, today it lasted longer then before and this time computer threw a code and check engine light came on. car is stock except for K&n intake,06 with under 4k miles, dont have a code reader but I think I can go to pepboys and they would read it for me. Idle is ok, it doesn't stall when driving and I push in the clutch. yellow check engine usually mean emissions right? thats why i thought maybe a breather got plugged or something like that, I was told you can get a check engine light even if your gas cap is not on tight, go figure. but anyway it does the hesitation when you first drive it and it is not up to temp yet. oh and the battery is new

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62