2013 SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition Debuts at Pebble Beach

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This fender-to-wheel gap FAILS. Come on SRT, fix that!

You must be registered for see images attach

my wife says the guy shouldn't be putting pressure on the duster. I love my First Edition ' 06 Coupe and wouldn't mind a launch edition

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass. Waiting for something different color-wise. May be the next ACR and while on that topic....Ralph why don't you do the GTS-R paint scheme on the ACRs ? I would be there in a minute.......different from the base stripe pattern.

Don't want to hijack, but I think the ACR will have that different paint scheme, like the GTS-R. Add the aero and the track pack to the SRT model and I think that's the ACR at less money than a GTS. Also think we will see the ACR long before the vert, because the changes from the current release will be minimal. Now back to topic....

Bill

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not the best with PS, but I couldn't handle these hub-cap like 5 spokes. Don't get me wrong, I like 5 spokes, but these are hideous at best.

You must be registered for see images

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interior shots....

This new interior really does look like they took their time and put quality work into it. This "launch edition" needed more blue on the interior though. I think what I really like though is the snake skin pattern in the seats. Clever while staying classy. I have to give kudos to SRT on that.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for posting...now where are the rest of the pictures. :D

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed in one shot there is a GTS emblem on the passenger side, then in the other shot it is gone. Someone steal it already?
Interior shots....

This new interior really does look like they took their time and put quality work into it. This "launch edition" needed more blue on the interior though. I think what I really like though is the snake skin pattern in the seats. Clever while staying classy. I have to give kudos to SRT on that.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking at the red stiching, the Launch edition should have had blue stiching. It really makes the interior look so much better.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the red stiching, the Launch edition should have had blue stiching. It really makes the interior look so much better.

Who knows?----maybe it will have blue stitching. I think that interior may not be ready yet, because I believe the high end GTS is supposed to have contrasting stitching. The 2006 First Edition was shown with a silver console and polished Sidewinder wheels. When they actually built them, they had a black console and polished 5 spokes. I also think the Gen.V launch edition wheels will be polished--not chrome as they were shown.

Bill

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
need WAY more color in that interior. Aint no way i am getting black interior in my Gen V.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is some silver/gray touches thrown some places on the black but yeah that's not enough.

After seeing the Red interior, I WANNA A BLUE contrasting interior, or am gonna make the crazy move of b/w with red interior :D

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other thought.......why not get rid of that rear end black band and make it a body color like previous generations? Maybe there can be three options for that section....black, carbon fiber, or body color.

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The corner markers gotta go....or at least get smoked out. It looks particularly out-of-place on a b/w.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other thought.......why not get rid of that rear end black band and make it a body color like previous generations? Maybe there can be three options for that section....black, carbon fiber, or body color.

I think the black rear applique and black grill are necessary and were planned because of the new method of striping the Viper at Prefix before assembly. I think engineering, not styling, dictated the rear applique. By breaking up the stripes, an alignment variance of a few millimeters would not be noticed and allows for some adjustment of the body panels. Because the SRT Viper will have stripes available which do not extend past the front face of the rear spoiler, no applique is used and the panel is body color. If stripes were not ordered on the GTS, then I agree a black rear applique would not be necessary.

Bill