N/A Gen II on BFGs

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm finally getting close to the 10 second mark with my '00 GTS. The track was prepped pretty well, but elevation is about 2700'. The Density Altitude was above 5000' due to heat and pressure. I was on BFG Drag radials, launching at about 3500 rpm. I was using a 91 Octane tune - no 93 octane in Boise :(
My results were:

60' - 1.584
1/8 - 7.159
MPH - 99.65
1/4 - 11.101
MPH - 126.05

Mods are GG Heads and Comp Cam, 1.7 RR, Belanger Headers, HF Cats, SCT Tune, 3.55 gears, etc.

I'm a little disappointed in the trap speed. I am hoping for a 10.xx at 130. Maybe when the DA improves in Sept or Oct.

OP
OP
T

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My dyno numbers are not that impressive... 540 whp and 575 TQ. That was on a 93 octante tune, though. For this run I was using a tune with 1 degree less timing advance. I believe that tune made only about 530 whp. However, I don't really trust a dyno to show exactly how much HP I am making as there seems to be too much variation from one dyno to the next. Before my mods, one dyno showed me making 422 whp. In similar conditions, a subsequent dyno showed me making 391 whp. Using the same dyno, my car with mods made 150 whp more than it did in stock form.

Drag radials make a big difference in quarter mile times. BFG drag radials don't seem to be the favorite on this board. I will probable try M&H or MT drag radials when i replace these. Also, practice seems to be critical to improving your times. When I first tried drag racing (car was stock) I ran a 13.20. It seems like every time I went out, I was able to reduce my best time by a tenth of a second. After 30+ runs, my best time (in marginal conditions) while my car was still stock except for drag radials was 11.99. Practice is really important.