New MGW shifter installed - pics to show difference

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed my MGW First Strike shifter knob. As you all know, this is not a short shifter but does drop the height on the stock shifter. I went with the First Strike as oposed to the Gripper because i feel the gripper is too low. I feel the First Strike is at a great height and the best choice for street driving. It's not too short where i might miss a gear at the track or twisties. At the end of the day, the feel is far better.

I had been looking to see the difference around the forum but had trouble finding shots with the comparison, so I decided to put these two up. I' m not going to bore folks with install as this is stupid simple to do.

I did not get the two perfectly lined up, but the difference is quite clear. The difference in grip position is a bit over 2" in height. It's the entire shifter ball that is above the top of the First Strike.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is installed. I got it with the Pete Viper logo. Looks outstanding and I love the feel and position. comfortable to drive casually and aesthetically better, in my opinion. The notch on e knob is well done, great feel. Also, the knob is cool in terms of temperature. The shifter transmits no heat from the trans at all. Very different from the stock steel branding iron on the stock shifter... ;-)

You must be registered for see images attach

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense meant, but the title to the thread should be 'New MGW shifter knob installed....'. Shifter and shifter knob...completely different. Thanks for the comparison pictures though.

Curz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks good. I have the same setup

You should look into buying the MGW AC knobs, cig lighter, and ash tray Makes the console look way better

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I have the first strike knob installed too and would never go back. This is a nice looking mod imo.