anyone know how to remove the tail lights and headlights?

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i undid all the plastic nuts for the tail light but it wont pop out. tried looking around for more nuts and screws but could not find any. must be some trick to get it off.

would anyone know how to remove both tail light and headlights?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 3 "rubber like" nuts for each tail light. If you got all 3, the light should be able to be "jiggled" and come out very easily. The back-up lights are a different story. The little clips on them are a pain.

For the headlights, there are 3 nuts for each of them as well, but they're tougher to get out. You have to unplug your headlight cable (the plug is under the hood, and then the wires come through a hole to get to headlight area. You're going to need to unbolt at least the top bolts for the front fenders to allow you get the headlights out (they pull out through the wheel well).

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the taillight did not move one bit after taking the 3 nuts off.

guess ill take a mallet to it tomorrow.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front headlights are a PITA. You have to remove the access panel in the wheel wheel, loosen the front 2 bolts on the fenders, take off the 3 nuts at the bottom of the lights. The front nut on the left headlight is a PITA. My hand would not fit through the hole with a small ratchet. I had to get my wife to do it, her hand would fit. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the fronts out today but the rear light stumped me?
I found only 2 plastic nuts at the top and can't seemto find the last one? Have a vert

Anyone know where the last one might be?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I see why it wont come out! lol

There is one inside the trunk and the other two are the ones you see once you remove the plastic cover. I assume you found those two, but you're missing the one that's inside the actual trunk of the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave