New wheels again. Forgeline GA3 Transparent Smoke finish

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are my latest rollers, but I believe I've found my favorite wheel and finish now. I had gloss black Forgeline GA3 wheels previously, but sold them and ordered the same wheels in a finish that I helped Forgeline develop. They call this finish "Transparent Smoke". It is hand-brushed and then powdercoated with a charcoal tinted clearcoat. The reflectivity of the raw metal beneath the clearcoat is killer to see in person. I had the centers and the outer lips done in this finish.

Info on the setup:

Forgeline GA3 Viper Spec, Performance Series (step lip)
Transparent Smoke finish outers and centers
Titanium hidden hardware upgrade
19x10.0 front with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/30-19
19x12.5 rear with Nitto NT05-R drag radial 345/30-19
Contact us for pricing! www.DV8motoring.com

You must be registered for see images attach

Tony

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting pictures as I just purchased the same wheels in black with red pinstripe for my gray/black red driver's stripe ACR and did know exactly how they would look. I think they will look fine.
PAVenomRT/10

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car looks absolutely awesome. Very tasteful and very clean. BTW, how are you liking the drag radials? Can you hook with those? Has your cornering suffered a lot? I just wanted to hear the low down on those tires from you since you seem to have had experience with all types.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drag radials hook excellent on the street, but I've had problems with them at the drag strip. That has more to do with the gearing this car has, and it's throttle response - very little margin for error between spin and bog. The car really needs 3.55 or 3.73 gears for the drag strip, to keep the wheel speed down and rpm up off the line.

The drag radials handle okay, but I don't dare take corners all crazy with them. At 35 psi, they feel like normal tires to me. No sloppiness in a straight line, I've been over 160 on them.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So has there been a tire for you that has had the "perfect mix" of hooking and cornering?

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drag radials hook excellent on the street, but I've had problems with them at the drag strip. That has more to do with the gearing this car has, and it's throttle response - very little margin for error between spin and bog. The car really needs 3.55 or 3.73 gears for the drag strip, to keep the wheel speed down and rpm up off the line.

The drag radials handle okay, but I don't dare take corners all crazy with them. At 35 psi, they feel like normal tires to me. No sloppiness in a straight line, I've been over 160 on them.

Thanks for the reply, good info. what I was wondering.

Hotrodder00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what that would look like with a polished black lip and the transparent smoke finish on a black car....my '04 gets delivered in 2 weeks and it's gonna need some new shoes!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what that would look like with a polished black lip and the transparent smoke finish on a black car....my '04 gets delivered in 2 weeks and it's gonna need some new shoes!

I have a customer with a black no-stripe SRT10 coupe that is getting a nearly identical set of wheels in about 2 weeks. Chrome lip with the transparent smoke center. We'll have some pics of it soon.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That transparent smoke is incredible! Definitely my favorite wheel color atm. I'd love to see it on a SSG.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much would a set of these in gunmetal and 19" cost? Something about these scream perfection. I don't have to let them grow on me, they just instantly look right. Any pics of these on a GTS? If not, the RT/10 is close enough. I just think Gloss or Textured Gunmetal would win me over.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members