The Viper Store

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with the Viper Store? I am trying to pay by check and ask them to send me an invoice and I will send them the check. They claim they do not know what a invoice is. They told me they do not normally deal with checks but in this case they will accept one. I am a bit concerned. First you are in business and you do not know what a invoice is. Then they say we do not deal with checks and in the next email they say well in this case we will. What also gets me is that they will not refund your money under any circumstance. Dont like the smell of this:rolleyes:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only bought a few things...calendar, keychain, etc. IMO, overpriced, but don't recall any issues with them actually taking my money.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realize this doesn't answer your question but why not pay with a debit card? I ordered a keychain from them as they were the only one that had it.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the only people who still wrote checks were the 80 year old women I get stuck in line behind at the grocery store. ;)

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the only people who still wrote checks were the 80 year old women I get stuck in line behind at the grocery store. ;)

Yea you are right about that. I pay all of my bills with checks. I still do not feel good about paying my bills online with all of these sophisticated hackers using cleaver ways of hacking your account. My friend recently paid a bill online and found out a month later that someone in Spain was using his credit card

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yea you are right about that. I pay all of my bills with checks. I still do not feel good about paying my bills online with all of these sophisticated hackers using cleaver ways of hacking your account. My friend recently paid a bill online and found out a month later that someone in Spain was using his credit card
There's several things you can do and some that it's already too late. The Spain usage sounds more like his card info was sold from someone who actually had access to his physical card... (see below)

Always look in the web address field. It should have the exact website you are shopping or paying at. The beginning should always be HTTPS

2. Don't use anything cards that are wirelessly read like "paypass" those can be read while in your pocket or wallet with easy to get scanners on ebay.

3. If you ever had a payment processed thru "Global Payments" a major payment processor that was hacked earlier this year.. they already have your information. Change your card number if you are really worried.

3a. Hackers don't usually hijack a small payments website. They will generally go directly for the server that has all that info. Which could be info from payments that occurred in a card present situation not an online gateway. Stealing your card number is easiest in a card present situation... (restaurant... hotel...) with equipment available on the web

4. Most CC companies only require you to pay the first $25.00 to $50.00 to have any charges purged that were not yours to begin with...

I'm sure you spend more than that in time and trouble writing out all those checks and putting on postage... :eater::eater:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some shirts and hats from them a few years back, seemed like it took a while for the order to show up. -used a debit card for payment.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got some chrome raised bumper emblems from them, I used Pay Pal for the transaction, shipping was fast to the uk, price was ok too, (cheaper than OEM replacement badges). One thing I did find was if you try to contact them, they use an automated response type message, I sent them a short email thanking them for the prompt service only to get a generated reply saying your order is being looked into :(
I would use them again :)

If you are having trouble using a cheque, why not get a friend to order on line for you and give your friend the money :)

Last edited:

K930

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've purchased used service manuals (perfect condition) from them. Shipping was very fast, and no issues with payment (VISA).

Ataim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I need to pay for ANYTHING with a card, and that card will not remain within my eye sight I use a prepaid gift card. If they hack it, they will only get the remaining balance, usally under 500 bucks.