nothing but problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikerae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am writing this threat so that other viper owners do not go through what i have, i ordered a hard top for my 2010 final edition and when i finally received the product it was atrocious, did not fit finish was brutal. The hood leaked so bad that i had to stop and purchase 4 towels and cover the interior here is some pictures.
You must be registered for see images attach

also purchased as set of acr x headers, they were missing parts holes do not line do, clamps do not fit. The installer has done 3 other cars and has spent3 times the hours to prep for install, im looking at 2500.00 for install when others he has done were 800.00 as they did not need to be re constructed.

absolutely brutal and could not be more disjointed and disgusted. He will not return phone calls and every thing he said has turned out to be a lie , buyer beware !!!!!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly? How many threads are you going to start or jump in on about this?
I don't know Steve and have never had any dealings with him, so I'm not "coming to his defense".
I would be pissed as hell if I had issues also, but you don't need to start multiple threads and post in every thread regarding him all about the same problem.

OP
OP
M

mikerae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the reason is, he will not deal with the issue, and the costs keep getting higher. We all need to be aware of the issues, as some are.

. recently hammered Steve for his business practices

this has cost me thousands and if he would just buck up it would not even be on here. As a custom that has already paid his money it is the only recourse i have.

I Know have more that 7500.00 ******* in one set of headers that are shabby and one carbon fiber roof that is unusable and he will not buck up, what would you do !!!!

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

On June 8th the top was delivered to cantrell your designated shop for delivery, in Seattle Washington

You sent this message on June 12th

The roof is really noisy with squeaking also if the liner is any lower it may be too low. Not sure I want to go this way after seeing the product and install

I sent this message back to you

Do me a favor and take some pics from the front and side, etc if you want to return it and get a replacement or a refund , no problem. I'm not Partsrack, not gonna force you to take something you don't like

Cantrell is waiting for the top, even after all that you have done to date, I am still willing to take it back, even though it is now used.

Ship it back to Cantrell and then we will be done, Edmonton drop off is no longer an option for OBVIOUS reasons

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mikerae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cantrell does not want to DEAL WITH IT AS THEY STATED WHEN I PICKED IT UP, OR I WOULD HAVE LEFT IT THERE. AND I KNOW THAT YOU DID NOT CALL THEM THIS MORNING THEY ARE CLOSED, you are just trying to save face and have not even called them. I cannot take it there as it does damage to my car, as you know. Edmonton is good as you are just trying to make it difficult and costly as possible, as is your way.

you going to pay them to crate it and there hours. They have my number and i will call them on Tuesday when they are open, to once again discredit your comments. fool

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I talked to Zach at Cantrell on Thursday.

They will accept shipment of the top to them

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:35:07 -0700
To: Steve Prescott <
[email protected]
>
Subject: Re: Hi Zach

Steve,

I have to apologize, but I actually got a great laugh out of that one!

On a side note, I also look forward to doing business with you, as I think we can create a win/win situation. Let me know if there's anyway we can help out, and I'll do what I can.

Best Regards,

Zach Blockhan-Sales and Marketing Manager
Cantrell Motorsports
11834 NE 112th St.
Kirkland, WA 98033

So, let's grow up and ship the damn top back to where I shipped it to MIKE!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cantrell does not want to DEAL WITH IT AS THEY STATED WHEN I PICKED IT UP, OR I WOULD HAVE LEFT IT THERE. AND I KNOW THAT YOU DID NOT CALL THEM THIS MORNING THEY ARE CLOSED, you are just trying to save face and have not even called them. I cannot take it there as it does damage to my car, as you know. Edmonton is good as you are just trying to make it difficult and costly as possible, as is your way.

you going to pay them to crate it and there hours. They have my number and i will call them on Tuesday when they are open, to once again discredit your comments. fool

Mike,

After you threatened to hire bikers to deal with this, any and all option of me risking employees in my other company to your Bull****, went right out the window!

You have 24 hours top give me an edmonton address or I will make a call to the florida Chapter and pull in a favor, at that point it will be out of my hands and they will dea with this. DO N0T ADVISE F0R U TO TAKE that route. They are not gentlemen, you have been warned!!!!

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I see you have reposted the same info a few times but something is bothering me a bit.

I was on site when the crate was opened at cantrell motor sports.

I herd the whole conversation between the two of you.

We had already finished our track days and where on our way back to Canada when we stopped to pick up the roof.

I personally would not have accepted that top based on quality. That top should of been put back in that crate and a return authorisation on your dime should of been suggested at that point in time.

The only reason that top ended up on mikes car and into Canada was because of a comment you made that you would bring a "perfect fabrication" to Edmonton where you have another business and the issue would be sorted in the coming weeks.....

Time passed, I live 1000 km away from mike, I asked mike if the issue was rectified. He stated you where not answering his emails or texts. So I called and you answered in one ring.

This whole mess could of been avoided, if you where straight up and more concerned that a customer was satisfied with his purchase as oppressed to a loss sale and money for shipping.

V

VCA Forum Staff

Due to the name calling, threats, etc. this thread has been closed but will remain available. Both parties are encouraged to work through the issue(s) and results will be posted here.

VCA Forum Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper