1994 rt 10 ..wont start after i just turned it off :(

Rapid1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the symptoms? Completely dead. Start for a second with security lights blinking?

OP
OP
B

brukowski85

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No security everything works..lights radio ..i just finished driveing it now wont turn back on..i turn the key and nothing happens

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch safety switch. Common for it to wear and make it difficult to start. Push the clutch in HARD and slightly to the right or left.

Last edited:

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really MASH the clutch pedal. My 96 has done this before. If the clutch pedal has L/R movement the lexen bushings need to be replaced. A very cheap fix, but a pain to do for the first time.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good advice so far but if Tom sent you a pm, then he'll get it figured... he's the man!

If you do try it though, mash it to the floor and keep the pressure on it while moving your knee left-to-right. That will give it a different angle of trajectory allowing a different movement... push from the left - push from the right.
I can't believe those bushings went that much that fast. Should be some gradual warning I'd think.
Maybe it's something else like the in the switch.
Mike

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be one of three things, the ignition switch, clutch safety switch or the solenoid/starter. Try to turn the key with a volt meter on the clutch safety switch. If it shows power when the key is placed to start, ignition switch is eliminated. Then put the volt meter on the solenoid/starter and see if there is any power with the key turned to the start position. Go from there. Curious to see if it might be the ignition switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4