Hole in trunk drip pan?

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I noticed this hole on both sides of my 09 vert. I dont remember seeing this on my 04. Any idea is there plugs missing. Looks like they were drilled with hole saw. Thank you Joe

OP
OP
F

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, what i am thinking is someone had to change the trunk hinges. The bolts come up from the bottom. Now the question is why & who changed them.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty damn curious as to what these holes are for... anyone have a line into SRT engineering? :dunno:

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't they drain holes to let the water out? When it rains, or when washing the car, this area is not water tight.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't they drain holes to let the water out? When it rains, or when washing the car, this area is not water tight.

That's what I was guessing too, but it only would be useful if the nose of the car was pointed downward, since that flat area drains right out the back under the trunk lid when the car is sitting anywhere near level. I imagine someone early on had the car pointed down a steep hill in the rain and the "trough" on each side of the trunk filled up and leaked water into the interior. Maybe. Do the holes only exist on rag-top cars? That would support the drain holes idea.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth