Top Gear Gen V Review

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the last bit.

"Should I buy one?

If you want the bargain supercar of the decade, absolutely. The steering wheel is on the wrong side, it swigs petrol - bucking the industry trend for super efficiency the new car has a worse fuel consumption rating than the outgoing model - and it'll probably eat your neighbour's cat. But you won't mind about any of those things as you'll be having way too much fun to care."

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love this comment posted (some people actually get it):

"Takk commented on this article

at 06:30 pm on 11 September 2012

"Why compare it to other cars on figures or handling? Other cars are cars, the Viper is the Boogie Man in your closet at night. It should've been called Banshee: if you hear it, you're about to die."

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love this comment posted (some people actually get it):

"Takk commented on this article

at 06:30 pm on 11 September 2012

"Why compare it to other cars on figures or handling? Other cars are cars, the Viper is the Boogie Man in your closet at night. It should've been called Banshee: if you hear it, you're about to die."

I read that comment too and love it! :D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the heads-up

Don't think it's lost all the trademark Viper hairiness. When you hit the gas hard it still erupts into a frenzy of noise and forward motion that you really can't find anywhere else other than a Viper cockpit.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love this:

"Fantastic. As soon as you slip into the new cabin, every touch point feels crisp, tight, controlled. And it stays that way as you get moving. The clutch is lighter, the gearshift more precise, requiring more wrist than shoulder, and the hydraulic steering is amazingly direct. Don't think it's lost all the trademark Viper hairiness. When you hit the gas hard it still erupts into a frenzy of noise and forward motion that you really can't find anywhere else other than a Viper cockpit. But the handling is really transformed. Inside half a lap you forget it's a big car and start throwing it around like it's a giant Elise. It now has that same extraordinary feedback from every wheel that allows you to push it right to the edge of the tyres' grip at will. Nice."

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fav show ever is the Top Gear, of course UK's.

More importantley, "I can't wait till Clarckson gets his hands on it"

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually that redundent comment about the vette is funny shows the jelousy lol.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not at all impressed with their comments as I always knew the car is a beast... I'm impressed with their little pea sized brains being able to "finally" realize a viper is a viper!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0-62mph in 3 seconds (est), 206mph top speed,

Great write-up... the car is a winner:clap2:

The negative reviews seem to be on this site for the most part...:rolleyes:

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My fav show ever is the Top Gear, of course UK's.

More importantley, "I can't wait till Clarckson gets his hands on it"

Forget Clarkson.I can't wait to see Randy Pobst do a hot lap with it at Laguna Seca. 1:32 here we go!:D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Finding fault with the Viper gives them weanies some bitter consolation, while they are looking at the Viper's tailights rapidly dissapearing from their view on the Ring.

Losers always gotta whine about something.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, the review was pretty good.

I was refering to the legions of idiots, both foreign and domestic, who chime in with either faint praise, or totally ignorant observations in the comments following the article. It's the same on YouTube, and it has been regularly panned by Jezza as crude, unsophisticated, and amateurish. It makes me tired, constantly hearing TG thumb their nose at us. It ****** me off. Now we got a few cars in the top ten at the Nurburgring, but not so much as peep out of them about it. Their reporting is selective, slanted, self-serving.

They neglect to give credit where credit is due.

American regular production cars like the Viper are the King of the Ring, at any price. Their $240,000 McClaren MP4-12C can't even beat an old push-rod engined ZO6, not even with an extra $140,000 of technology. Very small accomplishment, that.

I'm not bitter, that is, not until I hear TG spouting off their ignorance and iconoclast crap. Put up, or shut-up, that's what I say.

Rant over.....sorry......

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing this new car has to do is spank that ZRI in every aspect to shut those butt smelling vette owners mouths .

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you expect the vette owners to respect us with this type of infantile comment... Hmmmmm

Do you really care what Vette owners think, or anyone else for that matter? I think the Vette is a great car, come on it's an American icon, but why would anyone give a sh&@ what another brands car owner thinks of ours. I like to think of driving a Viper more of barbaric, than the refined drive of a Vette. But if the opportunity ever popped up to get a C6 Z06, I would love to own one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave