Vipers and Girls...

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it funny that when girls find out that I own a Viper they give me crap about it, saying it's showy or uncomfortable or why do I need a car like that but always jump at the chance to ride in it. The last two weekends I met girls through friends that I enjoyed talking to, both times they tried to poke fun at me about owning a Viper but also both times they wanted to go for a ride, one even just wanted to sit in it, unfortunately neither got their wish but just funny how that works.

I won't lie, it is showy but that's not why I got it :)
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I normally get one of two reactions: 1) Wow, what a great car! -OR- 2) Meh, it's just a car.

My wife had the second reaction when I first got my Viper, but after a ride in it she has now has reaction #1.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ditto to CEJ.. even more important than my wife liking the Viper ... my 5 year old daughter loves it.. :)

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot more women than men take pictures of my viper...at least that's what I notice...maybe I'm not paying any attention to what the men are doing. ;) I haven't had one negative comment from anybody in 4 years...gas stations, restaurants, shopping, cruising...zero.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously you got it for the women because why would they know you have one if you just met them???? :2tu:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto to CEJ.. even more important than my wife liking the Viper ... my 5 year old daughter loves it.. :)

My 14-year old daughter loves the Viper. Once she has her license, and she and I have completed the 3-day defensive driving/high performance driving course at VIR, then she can drive it.

With me in the passenger seat. :omg:

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's scary CEJ.. but there's nothing better than cruising in my viper with my lil girl.. I'm sure if I still own it in 11 years ill get suckered into letting her drive it :)

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this was another thread about girls with Vipers!! I got mine because I like them. And Corvettes ****!!!!!

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Women are different animals when it comes to cars(there are exceptions). My wife likes it, my Mom said "it's blue" and my 15m old daughter just says Ooh when the garage door is open. As far as any outside my family, I think they could take it or leave it. Most say it's "pretty" but really don't understand what they are looking at anyway. The women that actually understand what they are looking at are few and far between, and frankly I haven't stumbled into one yet.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time my friend and I were looking at some watches.

Sales lady: So your wife or girlfriend might like this one...
Friend: The wife would, but the girlfriend, not so much.
Saleslady blushed a deep shade of red and turned away...

This thread title had me thinking along those lines. :D

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only girl to ride in my Viper...could have cared less if we were in the Viper or my Taurus. I guess I need to find the right girl, haha.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper or similar car is a threat and competition to them. They dont like that. Unless you buy them one, then its ok.......

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know my wife would never drive a lowly dodge (spoiled) but that's why Lexus and Infiniti and Acura have had so many sales. Me I like things that give that feeling in your gut !

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know my wife would never drive a lowly dodge (spoiled) but that's why Lexus and Infiniti and Acura have had so many sales. Me I like things that give that feeling in your gut !

I bet she hates riding in your Viper!! Too bad!

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She does like to ride in it and is starting to learn what a dodge is capable of doing.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow, you were who I knew would comment on my post(the exception comment had a few of you in mind). Considering I have only owned it for 9 days, I haven't lost hope yet. The one I have at home is a car nut too, but it's not as high on her priority list as it is mine.

Only 9 days? Well then you get a pass for now:)

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would say that i get more looks and compliments from 30+ then i do from younger. Not that im knocking that. Just something i have noticed.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife loves my Viper because she is always cold and the car is like an oven so she is happy. Most of the time she is in the car she sleeps. Couple times on canyon drives I had to hold her so she would not go flying around :rolaugh:

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife hated both my Supra's, she loves the Viper. She hated the cage in the Supra along with everything else, she didnt care that it was 1,100rwhp. We will see if she likes the Viper when its putting down that kind of power. I also ask her when we are driving if I should have gotten a Vette (joking of course) she then says, "heck no, everyone has a Vette".

She's also co-owner on the Viper haha.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife likes the car, in general it seems only little kids (boys) notice it. They have no idea what it is, except they like it.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my car, my wife asked, "How are the 3 of us going to fit in THAT??" (We have a 10 yr old daughter).

I said, "Don't worry. You don't have to go." :D

craig

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 5 years of ownership I think my partner has only ever been in the car 4 times! She could not care less, about going out in the car, she does not like the noise, she does not like the left hand drive and does not care for my driving :D

Perfect car in my book :D

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I bought my car, my wife asked, "How are the 3 of us going to fit in THAT??" (We have a 10 yr old daughter).

I said, "Don't worry. You don't have to go." :D

craig

That's exactly what I told my wife! Hahaha..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32