Take a Viper to a Corvette club event?

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My C2 Corvette was down for maintenance so I took the Viper to our local Corvette club event. Would you do it?

You must be registered for see images attach

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it all the time...My wife owns a c6........Corvette guys don't seem to mind (occasionally).........emphasis on 'occasionally' :)

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A couple of years ago we took ours to Eureka Springs, AR for Covette weekend and boy did we upset the whole crowd!!!!!!!! During the show (250 cars) I had more people in the parking lot asking us questions about the car than boys inside the show and yes its worth it!!!!!!!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done it. No big deal. Many Corvette owners also own a lot of other cool cars, likely even some more rare or more expensive than a Viper.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is how do you go back to a Corvette after driving that Viper?;)

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvette event was on a military base. The Corvette club gave me a mostly lukewarm reception but the base CO and the sailors LOVED the car.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kind of event-crashing works particularly well when you wear your "God created Vipers so Corvette Guys Can Have Heroes" T-shirt. :lmao:

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette owners get together every Saturday nearby. Thought I would have fun and take my 2001 RT10. Nicest group of guys. Guys with the ZR1 were extremely friendly.
Thought I would get a bad time but that was not the case. Good people.They even shared their donuts with me.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kind of event-crashing works particularly well when you wear your "God created Vipers so Corvette Guys Can Have Heroes" T-shirt. :lmao:

There was a Vette car show at the beach Saturday....over 200 of them cars.....I took my Viper with a decal on the back glass that says in big letters "GOD MADE VIPERS SO THAT VETTE GUYS WOULD HAVE HEROES'' and crashed their party...pissed some of them off and I didn't give a damn....when they realized I was 1000-1200 h.p. TWIN TURBO they shut their smart comments up real quick.....I enjoyed my day......my wife hates it because I have that decal on the back glass...she says I am being immature...hell I am just 65 yrs old,ha.....:rolleyes: :omg: :D

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is how do you go back to a Corvette after driving that Viper?;)

I know a new Viper owner right now here that is not VIPERIZED...he is still a vette nut.....makes me sick.......he will trade his Viper soon for the first piece of junk vette that he can get......be glad to see him do so....makes real Viper owners ashamed........:censored: :hitwithrock: :buttkick: :chair::bdh: :brainless:

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a Vette car show at the beach Saturday....over 200 of them cars.....I took my Viper with a decal on the back glass that says in big letters "GOD MADE VIPERS SO THAT VETTE GUYS WOULD HAVE HEROES'' and crashed their party...pissed some of them off and I didn't give a damn....when they realized I was 1000-1200 h.p. TWIN TURBO they shut their smart comments up real quick.....I enjoyed my day......my wife hates it because I have that decal on the back glass...she says I am being immature...hell I am just 65 yrs old,ha.....:rolleyes: :omg: :D

That's hilarious! :rolaugh:

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is there any way you can take a pic of it and put it on here. I have got to see it. I might just have to have a T-Shirt with that saying!!

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:omg: I go driving with the local vet club down here often. A very friendly group. :2tu: One older guy asked me "What kind of corvette is that ?" I told him It's a special order model with 2 extra cylinders. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take my GTS to a Vette event without a second thought ---
I would probably never bring a Vette to a Viper event, only because the Viper crowd
Tends to be harsh on Vette's, I happen to like both cars for different reasons.....

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol! Thats too funny Roy! I can just imagine when you take your shirt off & the Vette guys see those BIG Guns of yours that they wouldn't have to much to say about it. Got to be pretty nice when you can back it up with the Twins! Between me & Shane I think we have 5-6 of those shirts (different colors of course) but it seems like we wear one every other day!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the way I see it. An old friend of mine is a very well known Vette Supercharger vendor/tuner here on the West Coast. I've known him for over 25 yrs. He has had yearly open house days when everybody shows up with their Vettes and it's a great time. I used to go and help out,.... cooking, ratcheting cars on the dyno whatever. I'd bring my Viper, park it within sight, but not in the fray. I kinda figured it's their little event and I really don't need to stir the ***. Years ago when I had my last Vette, the town Corvette club used to ask me to join in all the time when I'd stop by at the local Coffee Bean on Friday mornings. When I bought the Viper I stopped by for coffee one Friday morning and it was like I was made of Kryptonite. I've never experienced anything like that before. In the end I'm a car guy, and don't give rats a$$ what kind of car you drive. If your a died in the wool enthusiast, that's who I'd rather hang with.

I remember picture day for the B Group at VOI 9. I couldn't believe the yelling that was going on when a guy with an SRT Neon tried to get in the pic out in the nose bleed section of the photo. Insecure cry babies, every car clubs got'em.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took my RT/10 to the carvette meet last year at Woodward. I got boo'd big time. Had to park between a Monte Carlo and a ****.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any way you can take a pic of it and put it on here. I have got to see it. I might just have to have a T-Shirt with that saying!!

Sybil

I will take a picture and put it on here.....my wife HATES it on my car...she says I am looking for trouble and being a smart as_....I say, I am not worried about it.......ha....:rolaugh: :rolleyes: :dunno: :headbang: :D :D

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Abilene, and since there are no other Viper owners here that bring their cars out I hang out with the Corvette club. One of the members approached me at an auto parts store while I was in the Viper and invited to attend their Saturday night event. We met up and went to eat, and I've been going ever since. I was jokingly told I was welcome as long as I didn't "steal their thunder," and I've lost track of how many times I've watched people drive past their Corvettes and stop at my Viper and get out to take pictures. I don't stir the *** or instigate things because we all share a passion for modern American muscle cars. One of the members mentioned how grateful they were for the Viper because without it the Corvette would be very bland. We agreed that competition improves the breed, and the owners are the ones that benefit the most. The members welcome me as though I drove a Corvette, and they invite me to all their events. They're very passionate about their cars, and it's almost as good as being with the Viper club back in Vegas.

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of years ago we took ours to Eureka Springs, AR for Covette weekend and boy did we upset the whole crowd!!!!!!!! During the show (250 cars) I had more people in the parking lot asking us questions about the car than boys inside the show and yes its worth it!!!!!!!

Bragger...LOL

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Abilene, and since there are no other Viper owners here that bring their cars out I hang out with the Corvette club. One of the members approached me at an auto parts store while I was in the Viper and invited to attend their Saturday night event. We met up and went to eat, and I've been going ever since. I was jokingly told I was welcome as long as I didn't "steal their thunder," and I've lost track of how many times I've watched people drive past their Corvettes and stop at my Viper and get out to take pictures. I don't stir the *** or instigate things because we all share a passion for modern American muscle cars. One of the members mentioned how grateful they were for the Viper because without it the Corvette would be very bland. We agreed that competition improves the breed, and the owners are the ones that benefit the most. The members welcome me as though I drove a Corvette, and they invite me to all their events. They're very passionate about their cars, and it's almost as good as being with the Viper club back in Vegas.

Clearly great people, good to hear!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been to many vette events over the yrs with each gen of my vipers, I've always had a warm welcome from vette folks and respect right back. I've done a bunch of vette club track events thru the yrs, lots of vette track events and track rats, I don't see many/any viper track events or guys so the vette clubs are my next best thing. Good guys in my experience.

Awesome cars OP!

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trying to put picture here
Every site is a little different but on here I downloaded my pics in the picture gallery. Then click on the go advanced below and it pulls up my pics. Then you click on manage attachments and put your pics up.