New Viper owner, XCalibrator question!

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello ViperClub,

I'm a new Viper GTS '00 owner! The viper I bought has Borla headers and exhaust line and is causing the check engine light to activate because of the bad O2 sensor. I read about the Xcalibrator and I'd like to purchase one to eliminate the check engine light problems and also all other benefits (fans start earlier, personalized tune for my mods, etc)

I am wondering, what's the difference between this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCT-9550-XC...&fits=Model:Viper&hash=item1c2196909f&vxp=mtr

And this one:
http://www.roeracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=363

Thanks!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't look at the links, but if the E-bay thing is some used crap or whatever, stay away at any price. The Roe guys will hook you up with a tune that will work for your particular car. -the closest thing to dyno tuning, by E-mail if necessary as well. ......Welcome to the Viper world, you will need to watch out for the cops.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer guys! I drove the viper yesterday for the first time, WHAT A BLAST !!! It's a little less perfromant than my previous car, Toyota Supra, but the torque is incredible and the car is a blast to drive! LOVE IT!

Trust me I'm not a fan of ebay stuff usually... But this time, the Xcalibrator is brand new, seems exactly the same as the one from ROE, the guy on ebay clam he is an "Authorized SCT Dealer". If it's exactly the same part, I guess it worth it to save 350$ ? I must be missing something, the ebay one is model 9550, maybe the one from ROE is not the same, maybe it's a newer model, anyone can enlighten me?

If you guys tell me to stay away from the ebay one, I will.
Thanks for your help!

ultradriver10000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you look at SCT's site it says the device does NOT come with any tunes. The Roe one will come with a custom tune for your car's mods.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at SCT's site it says the device does NOT come with any tunes. The Roe one will come with a custom tune for your car's mods.

Yes I've read that, but an emailed tune does not worth 350$, www.theviperstore.com sells them for 50 bucks...
Do you think the Xcalibrator module is exactly the same?

They sold 33 of these on ebay (according to http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p2047675.l2564&rt=nc&item=120822599839), maybe someone from here?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ I guess that comment means the one on ebay is a knockoff. Thanks, I'll buy the one from Roe.

No, I think that the comment means that with the Roe provided unit you are getting the SCT with a proven tune from a reputable Viper vendor that has been around quite a while, and who will stand behind his product. That is definitely a good reason to buy from Roe. If you are comfortable making up your own tune, than going the other route is just fine, IMHO. I don't know that the other vendor that you speak of to get a tune from is held in the same regard as Sean Roe.

It really is up to you to decide what risk level you are willing to pay/not pay for.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys, I'll buy the one from Roe since it is a trusted source among the Viper community.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the complete deal from Roe, then you have full support from day one with no problems or hassles. It's worth the price difference to have the continued help, plus E- bay doesn't help the viper community, aside from diverting business from the vendors that do.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know I ordered my SCT from Roe Racing last week. Very good service, Josh @ Roe answered my emails very quickly and my order is exactly as I wanted it (custom tune). Can't wait to upload it into the car and try it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R