Pricing and Options announced today

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Little birdie mentioned attempting under 100K base ( looks like they will just miss it as the 99,390 does not include gas guzzler ). At 122,390 little birdie is still under a 137,999 starting price for a GTS. Optioned out we can get higher , but many of the Dealers pressed for more options as customers requested them -- thanks to SRT and I will continue to stay with those who are listening to us and you!

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, after announecing the options pricing what changed with people from your perspective as a potential big dealer?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing changed , as I gave everyone a ballpark price on the base SRT and then an estimate on the GTS. Fortunately we were very close and I estimated most of the options pretty close ( was off a bit on the stripes ), so no one was surprised and in fact most are quite pleased. The recent calls seem to support the pricing quite well, and figuring if someone wants just an SRT it will run just a bit over 100K and have more standard equipment than any prior Viper , hard not to figure this a super bargain -- car that will kill a Z06 , yet is pretty closely priced.

There seems to be quite a few buyers that like the idea of an SRT with an upgraded interior and track pack and that is it. Then there are those that want a GTS , and most want them loaded. So we may see a bunch of Vipers in the 105-110K range and then another group in the 130-135K grouping.

Hope that somewhat answers your question, and I can honestly reflect upon VOI and the way the phone is ringing here at Woodhouse that the reaction is even more favorable than I even expected!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing changed , as I gave everyone a ballpark price on the base SRT and then an estimate on the GTS. Fortunately we were very close and I estimated most of the options pretty close ( was off a bit on the stripes ), so no one was surprised and in fact most are quite pleased. The recent calls seem to support the pricing quite well, and figuring if someone wants just an SRT it will run just a bit over 100K and have more standard equipment than any prior Viper , hard not to figure this a super bargain -- car that will kill a Z06 , yet is pretty closely priced.

There seems to be quite a few buyers that like the idea of an SRT with an upgraded interior and track pack and that is it. Then there are those that want a GTS , and most want them loaded. So we may see a bunch of Vipers in the 105-110K range and then another group in the 130-135K grouping.

Hope that somewhat answers your question, and I can honestly reflect upon VOI and the way the phone is ringing here at Woodhouse that the reaction is even more favorable than I even expected!

I'm not surpised, Bill. I gotta say that SRT & Ralph knew what they were doing, they've got my head spinning. It's hard to think of that carbon fiber beast with the fit & finish and base equipment, coming in under $100k. They managed to maintain one of the hallmark features of the Viper, world class performance and exotic feel, with a price point based under $100K. That's a lot of money, but the bang for buck .... I don't know anything that compares. And the excitement over the car they created, it's down right annoying me, lol.

SRT, Gunmetal Pearl, Track Pack, NAV/Elect package. Makes me droooool thinking about it. I've already been thinking, if I sell my Gen4, and my '11 GT500, I have cash in hand ... evil thoughts, evil thoughts. I'm generally not a 1st run kind of guy, but I have to say I had a 1st year gen3 and 1st year gen4, and both were perfect cars ... not sure there's any early adopter worries with Vipers.

Dave.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta give SRT credit for this car. It is really nice. I like it a lot more after seeing and driving it at VOI.

I really like the launch edition....mainly because of the blue/white. I agree that they should have made the interior more "special" with some hints of blue in the leather and/or stitching. It is rather bland for this "special" car. I was also hopeful the rear panel would be at least painted gloss back, but it will be a matte finish which makes it look like plastic.

I also "wish" we could get GTS blue in the base SRT Viper because 20K+ is a lot to bite off for features we don't need. For me, it's like a 20K+ paint job. I know it is called "marketing", but it's tough to swallow...

To end on a positive note, it's a great car. :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeh, but DMan if you sold the Gen IV and the GT500 for a Gen V, you would go from DMan to Da Man( ha,ha ) Good analogy, as so many have forgotten SRT accomplished this with essentially a carbon fiber car and unique aluminum doors , yet the pricing is so close to the prior --- really pretty unreal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235