Pricing and Options announced today

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice,

thanks for the update. Looks like you can make a pretty expensive car.

Bruce

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those SRT stripes to go along with that hood... man that looks REALLY spectacular!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the striping for the GTS is way better than the SRT! Then again stripes are 5K:omg:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh boy. Fully optioned the way I would want it had I the coin, it came up to $135,390 including destination charge but excluding gas guzzler tax. Pretty expensive until you look at cars like the Audi R8 5.2 that come in at 150k and only offer 525hp/391tq and weighing in at 3800lbs.

I suspect that if the Viper GTS lives up to the hype about its refinement/performance it just might sell decently at this price point especially when you factor in the competition from Porsche, Aston, ZR1 and their pricing etc. You cant get this kind of performance/exotic-ishness anywhere from a brand new off the showroom car from any mfg for anywhere near 135k. Will await the testing to see if most feel its worth the price of entry and then some.

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how does this impact resale values for prior gens? should I increase the asking price on my blue/white '06 coupe?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood the cost of stripes. Several grand to have some stripes added?

Give me the track package and some cash left over for fuel over stripes please.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the "base" Viper at 97K is red, black or white with zero options, not including gas guzzler, sales tax and shipping.
Ante up.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Oh boy. Fully optioned the way I would want it had I the coin, it came up to $135,390 including destination charge but excluding gas guzzler tax.

Pretty darn close to the little birdies $137,000 that people swore up and down would never happen or would only be for the ACR.

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like stripes, but I don't like them enough for $5k, lmao

I like the 6-spoke Venom wheels, I wonder how true to the "N/A SRT Viper" for the SRT they will be.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice to see a list all standard festures.

Like is NAV standard on all Vipers?

Yeah, the GT package lists "3D Navigation" - but I mean really - if it already has standard nav who cares

And, blue tooth is an option not a standard feature? Seems a bit strange for a 2013 car.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like stripes, but I don't like them enough for $5k, lmao

I like the 6-spoke Venom wheels, I wonder how true to the "N/A SRT Viper" for the SRT they will be.

Exactly my sentiments about the stripes. $5k?? That just as much as a high quality custom paint job. Anyone else thinks that's ludicrous?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the GT package lists "3D Navigation" - but I mean really - if it already has standard nav who cares

And, blue tooth is an option not a standard feature? Seems a bit strange for a 2013 car.

I am pretty sure most new Dodge/Chrysler vehicles with this style entertainment system, all of them are capable of these features, however they have to be "enabled" by the dealer/manufacturer. Think of not getting nav, then deciding you want it, pay the man $$ bring it to the dealer, have an update done and antenna plugged in and bam, you now have nav.

What I see with SRT vs GTS.

GTS = 23k more right off the bat. What does that get you?

-12 speaker system standard $2500
-Nappa leather seats standard $3000
-Nappa leather door inserts and contrasting stitching not avail on SRT $????
-6 spoke wheels not avail for SRT, lets say $1100 like other optional wheels, however if you want SRT 5 spoke base wheels it cost you $500 on the GTS..
-Dual mode suspension not avail for SRT $$$$?
-4 mode traction control not avail for SRT $$$$?
-2 duct hood not avail for SRT $meh
-floor mats $meh
-sound deadening $meh
-red calipers on GTS vs black calipers on SRT $meh
-hyper black vs black headlights $meh

It seems with some guessing you are paying $10k+ for the suspension/traction control on the GTS.

Last edited:

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It almost seems like you pay a premium for the GTS just so you have the option to purchase the best options. Adding up the options leaves close to $10k unaccounted for unless the suspension is actually worth $10k. Some things I don't understand is why can't you get the full stripes on the SRT? It seems like $23k is the price to get into the exclusive club with more incentives, assuming you pay the extra cash for these incentives once you pay into the club. It's like telling the customer: "You didn't spend the extra $23k to join the club so we'll paint the stripes just short of looking complete, just to reiterate the advantage of joining the GTS club." "...oh and we'll charge you $500 less for the stripes just to remind you that you have 10% less stripes."

One advantage of not joining the GTS club is that you get the cooler looking hood for free.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope the Launch Edition is customizable. I'd prefer to get it with more color in the interior along with the Track Package w/ matte wheels. Also the carbon fiber exterior trim pieces are a must have. Maybe even the SRT hood.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It almost seems like you pay a premium for the GTS just so you have the option to purchase the best options. Adding up the options leaves close to $10k unaccounted for unless the suspension is actually worth $10k. Some things I don't understand is why can't you get the full stripes on the SRT? It seems like $23k is the price to get into the exclusive club with more incentives, assuming you pay the extra cash for these incentives once you pay into the club. It's like telling the customer: "You didn't spend the extra $23k to join the club so we'll paint the stripes just short of looking complete, just to reiterate the advantage of joining the GTS club." "...oh and we'll charge you $500 less for the stripes just to remind you that you have 10% less stripes."

One advantage of not joining the GTS club is that you get the cooler looking hood for free.

I can hear it now. "Oh, you got a new Viper? Did you get the good one or the cheap one"?
Class warfare!...:)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track package is only rotors and wheels? I'm guessing the 57 lb reduction is just the difference in wheels/tires, which seems believable. I'd rather have aftermarket forged wheels for about the same price, though.

Track Package

Track days in the Viper are commonplace amongst speed junkies. Viper leaves the factory floor ready to tackle any track in the world at a moment’s notice. The available Track Package further hones the Viper by taking performance to the next level. Slotted two-piece lightweight rotors from StopTech are exchanged for stock equipment. Ultra-lightweight multi-spoke Sidewinder II wheels wrapped in high-performance Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires further reduce unsprung weight at the corners. Selecting the Track Package removes 57 pounds from the vehicle’s curb weight.

Track Package
$3,500 SRT Viper/SRT Viper GTS
Optional matte finish for Sidewinder II wheels - $500

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph did mention in one of the 87, 3 minute long interviews that making exposed carbon for production was giving them fits. I'm wondering if they will have it. Also, these option prices make the GTS up-charge almost pointless.

Nine Ball- The weight difference is also in the rotors. And I've been wanting to point something out to you that I noticed about the aftermarket wheels. It seems SRT has done something special because even the ADV-SL series aren't lighter than the forged wheels that come with the Gen IV ACR (based on the weight list on their website). Now SRT has claimed lighter wheels than ever at the unveiling. With the Gen IV ACR wheels at 17 lbs front and 23 lbs rear, and the trak pak wheels potentially lighter, where do you plan on matching that, let alone besting it in the aftermarket?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good dig! Would like to see the real car in Shadow Blue Pearl and Gunmental Pearl. Also awaiting clarification on GTS availability of carbon fibre exterior pkg and power seat...both listed in original option list.

Power seats are standard with the GTS. Looks like no pricing yet on either the interior or exterior carbon fiber packages. Also no indication as to the price of the 6 vent hood if selected for the GTS.

Bill

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty darn close to the little birdies $137,000 that people swore up and down would never happen or would only be for the ACR.

I don't imagine those will sell well (fully optioned GTS). At that price I'd fork over the extra cash for a more exotic looking car, even if it is a lower performer. I don't even want to know how much the ACR will cost. Following SRT's new track record, my guess is it won't be widebody and it will cost around $150k. I don't care if it does a sub 7 second ring time, I'm not gonna pay that for a Viper. Not unless it has a more exotic appeal to it.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't imagine those will sell well (fully optioned GTS). At that price I'd fork over the extra cash for a more exotic looking car, even if it is a lower performer. I don't even want to know how much the ACR will cost. Following SRT's new track record, my guess is it won't be widebody and it will cost around $150k. I don't care if it does a sub 7 second ring time, I'm not gonna pay that for a Viper. Not unless it has a more exotic appeal to it.

A fully optioned GTS is still far cheaper than most (if not all) more exotic looking cars. My R8 V10 ran me about $170K and a new Gallardo will set you back about $190 - $210K. Once you go above that you're in MP4-12C and 458 Italia territory and you're looking at $250K easy. So you'll be forking over a lot of extra cash for a more exotic looking car. Then you have to look at maintenance cost!

These prices for the SRT Viper are what I expected and as of right now I think they're priced just right but I think the exterior would benefit from the exposed carbon trim pieces vs the standard plastic.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have to worry about maintenance costs you shouldn't be buying the car.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh boy. Fully optioned the way I would want it had I the coin, it came up to $135,390 including destination charge but excluding gas guzzler tax. Pretty expensive until you look at cars like the Audi R8 5.2 that come in at 150k and only offer 525hp/391tq and weighing in at 3800lbs.

I suspect that if the Viper GTS lives up to the hype about its refinement/performance it just might sell decently at this price point especially when you factor in the competition from Porsche, Aston, ZR1 and their pricing etc. You cant get this kind of performance/exotic-ishness anywhere from a brand new off the showroom car from any mfg for anywhere near 135k. Will await the testing to see if most feel its worth the price of entry and then some.

X2 - The Audi R8 5.2 is also on my list and the Viper even fully optioned the way I like it is substantially cheaper than its german counterpart by about $40K. I know it is a lot of dough but it is the least expensive "semi exotic" car out there.
$7.5K for fully wrapped leather interior is inline with its competition.
I agree with all of you guys that it seems that you are paying a premium for the GTS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave