96 RT/10 Questions

Stealth22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've found a 96 RT/10 in my area and was interested in finding out a bit more information about the 96 models. While info seems a bit scarce for the 96 rt's, from what I have gathered, it seems to be a mix & match of gen I and gen II parts? I believe I read that the chassis/suspension/exhaust is the newer gen II equipment while still retaining the gen I interior and powertrain. Is this right?

Also, I was interested in seeing how those with hardtops on their rt/10's fare when they have run across wet weather. By the looks of the hardtop on this car it fits very nice (almost flush fit, one of the better ones I have seen). The car also has viper mania windows which look great compared to the factory windows I have seen. Anyone have experience with these windows?

This is a White with Blue stripe RT/10 with 30,000 miles and is being sold for $29,000. I know condition and maintenance can make a huge difference in the price, but does this seem reasonable? VIN is 1B3BR65E4TV100150 if anyone may have info on it.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing about this particular model and any features or potential problems to look out for.

Last edited:

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct the 96 RT is a Gen 1.5. Mix of both cars. Really the best of both. I have not had any experience with the viper mania windows, but my factory hardtop works great with the factory windows. Even the gen 2 soft top works well. We got caught in the rain the other day and had little to no leaks. The secret is to make sure everything is installed correctly.

If the car is clean I think that is a good price. That is what I would sell mine for with 45,000 miles. Of course I have a few extras on mine to make up for the difference in miles. You have to confirm that the head gasket has been replaced. It was covered under warranty back in the day. Expensive if not done. The car also had a frame recall. A plate gets welded in and must be done right or it gets very hard to get the oil filter out.

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed to WOT! said. My Factory hardtop fits and works well. I have never used the softtop. I also have factory and after market windows (unsure what brand, came with car.), I do get leaks where the top of windshield and windows meet. I stuff a piece of weatherstripping in and it works. I also get leakage in the Backlight but the gasket is worn, this isn't a big problem but it does happen to me. I believe the price is fair if the car is clean and has been maintained. Good Luck.
Mark

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave