Dick Scott Dodge still has Ron

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have heard through several members that Dick Scott Dodge lost their Viper tech earlier this year. But I was just there today and they said Ron still works there every day of the week and he just worked on a Viper. Where did this rumor come from with MCVO members saying that Ron was gone and there was no good Viper Tech in the Metro Detroit area anymore?

1 of 9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron worked on my '95 Viper on Monday. Of course he did a perfect job as usual.

OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
People in the MCVO have all been telling me Ron left. Lot's of people heard this and stopped going to Dick Scott. I think they need to send out a newsletter to all the Viper owners telling them it was just a rumor. Yours must have been the one they said he just worked on.

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you might have heard the name "Rod" who was the Service manager and MCVO member retired from the dealership a few years back. Ron has been the mechanic there and as you said is still there and servicing Vipers.

OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you might have heard the name "Rod" who was the Service manager and MCVO member retired from the dealership a few years back. Ron has been the mechanic there and as you said is still there and servicing Vipers.

No, it was the name "Ron" that I heard from several people since the beginning of the year. I even asked a while back on this forum if there was a place to take our Vipers to since Dick Scott no longer had a tech and the response was "No one knows". The rumor may have started with it being "Rod", but some people in the club have been saying that Dick Scott lost their Viper tech "Ron" to another dealer far away. Apparently the rumor has merit since Ron just created a forum account and has been PM'ing the MCVO members telling us he's still around.